"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Which category of Russian tank losses are attributed to the Ukrainian Farm Tractor regiment?

Imagine being a Russian tank salesman. Who the heck is going to buy a fleet of T-72, T-80 or T-90 when/if Russia returns to global society?

Re: Thump

I agree. Had Zelenski accepted that free ride to exile, the whole storyline changes.

Zelenskyy has an incredible understanding of optics and motivation. "I don't need a ride, we need ammunition" is as perfect a summation of that as can be expressed.

Ironically enough, Gen Chuikov gave about the same answer to Stavka in 1942 while defending Stalingrad. Q: "What do you need? More men?" A: "More ammo."

Them are fightin' fools.

There were talks of establishing a NATO BMD system in Europe back in '09 or so, but the Russian's claimed it was a threat to their national security and went to far as to threaten countries like Norway and Denmark.

Because of Russia's tearful objections, it was shelved.

However, there are several USN Aegis warships strategically located around Europe in place of a land-based BMD system, that can do the job.

Fraid shooting down missiles that are going to land I Ukraine does not count as defending NATO territorial integrity. From a ROE perspective, it would still count as NATO getting directly involved in the fighting.

Perhaps so. No doubt this is part of the calculations going on in various capitals. Hence my caveat about political implications.

Well, China is still being China. The attached article covers the closing ceremonies at the Paralympic Games in Beijing. An excerpt mentioning the speech by the IPC president Andrew Parsons follows and the bold is mine:

"These Games opened eight days after the military conflict began, as Parsons made an impassioned plea for world authorities "to come together, as athletes do, and promote peace, understanding and inclusion."

Parts of Parsons' speech were not translated by Chinese state TV and some of the audio was dropped. The IPC lodged a protest over what it said was likely censorship but was told the silence was caused by an unexplained glitch.

China has yet to denounce Russia's military action against Ukraine."

I started poking around on those links, wlewisiii. I came across a NATO article on "Cold Response 2022". I hope someone links it.
Every 2 years Norway, a founding NATO member, hosts "Cold Response". The first one was held in 2016. I think 2018 may have been skipped but the last one was carried out in 2020. There's going to a bunch more of NATO scheduled for 14 March, 2022. . I'll bet those guys can't wait to show off their logistical acumen!

I used to schedule my Thailand vacations to cleverly avoid "Cobra Gold". I never worked for a national defense or intelligence agency.

THIS JUST IN: Russia declined to send observers.

Fraid shooting down missiles that are going to land I Ukraine does not count as defending NATO territorial integrity. From a ROE perspective, it would still count as NATO getting directly involved in the fighting.

A Admiral Beez , what's to "dislike" about my post? I'm not expressing an opinion. I'm stating a fact. You may not like how NATO is responding but the alternative is all-out war with Russia. Shooting at anything Russian counts as an act of war, hence my comment about ROE.

Users who are viewing this thread