"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not only peculiar to the Eastern Europe countries, we have our share in the western part...
I agree, and I don't mean to suggest that the West is clean of such things, corruption is everywhere. Some more than others. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_Perceptions_Index But I'm referring to the unique qualities of eastern bloc corruption that Zelenskyy is working to stamp out.

There's so many different "news releases" about Ukrainian pilot training.

Denmark was supposedly training them as of this last June. Some pilots were assessed in the U.S. this last March.

Proposed training sites are all over the board: U.S., Poland, UK, Romania, etc.

I'm not sure why the stories are so diverse - unless they're supposed to be...

At the stage Ukraine must be planning out their winter holding strategy, with plans to launch their much-antiicpated 2023 spring/summer offensive in spring/summer 2024. But that's okay, since now Ukraine has parity if not superiority in artillery and has been cutting off the enemy's supply chain, being a Russian conscript overwinter in southern Ukraine is going to be miserable. Meanwhile, from now until May-June 2024, as Vipers, Predators, Abrams, etc. arrive the AFU will continue growing in size and capability. So, IMO, the big push towards Crimea and the sea will be in 2024.

A cat among the pigeons comes to mind.
Agreed. Ex-Delfinul could be made seaworthy at a NATO shipyard in the Black Sea. Meanwhile, her CO and 1LT arrive in Scotland to undertake the Perisher, followed by the entire crew training in Norway and Scotland. In summer 2024 Ukraine's submarine begins combat ops in the Black Sea. Can the Kilo's 21-inch tubes fire NATO-spec Mark 48 torpedoes?

Last edited:
Seems like there's been another attack on the Kerch bridge which Russia claims was prevented by S-200 SAMs. I guess we'll see if any updates emerge showing actual damage. It wouldn't surprise me given Russia's history of deny the impact of Ukrainian attacks but, then again, it seems clear that Russia has taken steps to bolster air defences for the bridge:

Users who are viewing this thread