"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Egypt should sell its kit and especially its MiG-29s to Ukraine. Make some demands on the US or NATO for help to manage the Palestinians as a trade.

I'd love to see that kit go to Ukraine.

But the Egyptians support Hamas so more likely to give to Russia to spite the Americans
I agree. But Cairo is worried about Hamas radicalizing their own population. Otherwise Egypt would just open the border and let all the Palestinians flee into the Sinai.

WORRIES OVER HAMAS

At the same time, Egypt says a mass exodus from Gaza would bring Hamas or other Palestinian militants onto its soil. That might be destabilizing in Sinai, where Egypt's military fought for years against Islamic militants and at one point accused Hamas of backing them.

Egypt has backed Israel's blockade of Gaza since Hamas took over in the territory in 2007, tightly controlling the entry of materials and the passage of civilians back and forth. It also destroyed the network of tunnels under the border that Hamas and other Palestinians used to smuggle goods into Gaza.

With the Sinai insurgency largely put down, "Cairo does not want to have a new security problem on its hands in this problematic region," Fabiani said.

El-Sissi warned of an even more destabilizing scenario: the wrecking of Egypt and Israel's 1979 peace deal. He said that with the presence of Palestinian militants, Sinai "would become a base for attacks on Israel. Israel would have the right to defend itself ... and would strike Egyptian territory."

"The peace which we have achieved would vanish from our hands," he said, "all for the sake of the idea of eliminating the Palestinian cause."

If Ukraine were to fall because of a stab in the back I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of those responsible for the stabbing. I am sure there will be plenty of well trained/experienced and angry Ukrainian patriots willing to dole out some appropriate revenge.

Users who are viewing this thread