"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (13 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

An ukrainian drone in a will chase of a russian van, the launch of a suicide russian MT-LB, ukrainian bomblet droping drones, combat fotage around Bakhmut, three Ukraine brigades are believed to have made it across the Dnipro near Kherson, central Asian migrants are leaving Russia in significant numbers due to the fear of been sent to Ukrainia, a russian MP claiming for conscription of recently awarded russian citizenship central Asia migrants instead of ethnic russians.

And at the end, a very low flying ukrainian MiG-29:

There are some interesting nuggets in here if people read it carefully. For example, comments about it being tough to find a good-paying job in Ukraine because the economy is focused on the war. The irony of men dying trying to escape the draft is not lost on me. Sadly, I'm sure reporting like this will simply be used by those seeking to reduce Western support for Ukraine (e.g. "See? Not even Ukrainians are fighting for Ukraine!"):

That doesn't look good for a Ukraine that's begging for Western assistance.

20,000 men fleeing is equal to a 1/4 % of Ukraine's entire armed forces of 800,000. That's not a neglible number.

Contrast this to Israel, where every Jew sees any attack on the country as a existential crisis, a Holocaust sequel. Even the Orthodox who are exempted for service are signing up in record numbers. https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...dox-asking-to-join-up-by-thousands-army-says/. I can't imagine there are more than a few dozen fighting age men who would flee Israel for safety elsewhere.... of course, unlike the Ukrainian experience, for Jews there is no safety elsewhere.

Back to Ukraine. Why is their military still so small? 800,000 out of a populations of over forty million. During WW2, over one million Canadians served in the forces, out of a population of just eleven million. The Russians, as said by Mikhail Khodarenok expected by now to be facing a AFU in excess of two million by now. Some insight here, Why is Ukraine's army still so small since, under general mobilization, it should be able to field an army in the millions?

Ukraine has probably not enough training centers. Plus they do not use the quick courses the russians do befor their recruits are sent to the meatgrinder to be killed, Ukraine prefers some kind of quality in their training to increase their survivability in combat.

I suppose. But one would expect new green recruits to move to rolls behind lines while those already in those roles for a year or more would be moved forward.

Given that the front line is over 600 miles long, it's impressive that a combat force of only a portion of the 800,000 Ukrainians in uniform can hold back the Russians and even make gains. Imagine what the Ukrainians could do with 2 million.

Not all seem to be keen to join the fight - check out Yair Netanyahu, the son of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu,

Users who are viewing this thread