"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There were strong protests, bordering on revolts in Moscow and other cities in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution. That was what forced the end of the Soviet Union. There was also a severe economic collapse. The CCCP simply could not "out-defense-spend" NATO. One can hope (but not expect) for that to happen again. That would be a more important outcome rather than a coup or "decapitation" of Putin.

I've read that's why we began to see a lot of beautiful women from eastern Europe starting in the 1960s, as there weren't enough young men in 1945-50 to marry any but the best women.

Let's see what this new shortage gets us.

Just a thought based I admit on no personal information. Much is understandably made of the much larger Russian population which gives it the ability to use almost WW1 like meat grinder tactics.
However there must be a limit which may not be so far away which once reached puts Russia in trouble. The poorer outlying areas of Russia are being bled white to supply the troops needed. The major cities comparatively have hardly been touched by the call up. The reason is both obvious and clear, the major cities are large centres of populations, which are also fundamental to keeping the economy going and the hardest to control should there be a revolt.

In numbers Putin has a large advantage, but how much more can he rely on the more distant parts of Russia. A lot of these areas see themselves as independent areas which are controlled by Russia.

Russia's population advantage is in my view the difference between how much he has bled the outlying areas and how much more he can bleed them. Once Putin starts to draw on the resources of the larger cities, the risk to his control will increase rapidly. The size of his personal guard has increased dramatically over the last six to nine months and I cannot help but think that this could be the reason behind that growth.

Users who are viewing this thread