"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (8 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I gave this some thought and I may have hurt myself.
What's the Cessna that looks like a 172 but has retractable landing gear? The Sky Wagon? Seating for gunner/observers. The LG is out of the way and only one thin strut to obscure arcs of fire. High wing won't obscure visibility as (I believe) the Cessna has a better performance envelope and will be looking down for targets. Stowage for small arms ammo AND lunch. Way cheaper than those cool COIN planes. There's probably a few available already there, or near enough.

The 177RG - also known as the gutless strutless

I like it - it looks like an easy kill for FPV drones.
It is and has been the subject of many NSFW videos at funker, unfortunately.

And to clarify my "unfortunately" remark:
I am a huge supporter of Ukraine and it's effort to remove the Red Army from her soil, but the senseless waste of life due to Russian military ineptitude and doctrine is hard to wrap my head around.

"...Additionally, they can use air defense systems supplied by the United States to take Russian planes out of the sky, even if those Russian planes are in Russian airspace, if they're about to fire into Ukrainian airspace..."

More Far East cannon fodder for the war special military operation ín Ukrainia. Looks like uncle Vlad don't want to stir more civil unrest.

From Russia's perspective, the positive is that these troops will free up Russian troops to further press the offensive. Not sure how positive that is considering 1200 troops per day being casualties, but hey, you've got more meat for the grinder.

The negative is that these guys will break and run the moment they're hit hard. They're not fighting for kith and kin, nor for hometown or "fatherland". Much like Rommel "corseting" Italian formations with Germans in North Africa, the DPRK troops will be a source of worry to the Russians. And the DPRK troops, being foreign conscripts, will not get adequate support from Russian logistics. All my own opinion, could well be wrong.

But If I were a Ukrainian planner, I'd aim my next punch at these guys. Look what the Soviets did at Stalingrad -- aim their first blows at the Rumanians northwest and south of the city. Granted, DPRK soldiers will probably be in the rear with the gear, but if the Ukrainians can get at them ....

More Far East cannon fodder for the war special military operation ín Ukrainia. Looks like uncle Vlad don't want to stir more civil unrest.

Given what DPRK is like, one wonders how many will desert for the comparative wealth of Russia.

From Russia's perspective, the positive is that these troops will free up Russian troops to further press the offensive. Not sure how positive that is considering 1200 troops per day being casualties, but hey, you've got more meat for the grinder.

The negative is that these guys will break and run the moment they're hit hard. They're not fighting for kith and kin, nor for hometown or "fatherland". Much like Rommel "corseting" Italian formations with Germans in North Africa, the DPRK troops will be a source of worry to the Russians. And the DPRK troops, being foreign conscripts, will not get adequate support from Russian logistics. All my own opinion, could well be wrong.

But If I were a Ukrainian planner, I'd aim my next punch at these guys. Look what the Soviets did at Stalingrad -- aim their first blows at the Rumanians northwest and south of the city. Granted, DPRK soldiers will probably be in the rear with the gear, but if the Ukrainians can get at them ....
I hate saying it but this might be optimistic. Any NK soldiers will at least have had a fair amount of training, which while probably old fashioned will cover the basic requirements for fighting in trench warfare. Plus if they fail to perform well, let alone if they break, their dear leader will not hesitate to take it out on their families back home and his vengeance would be without mercy.
Any NK soldier in the front line will have every reason to fight to the end, I find it difficult to see them breaking or surrendering.

433259484_264876556677957_5952846170417947319_n-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back