"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Get the freakin' F-16's in the air already
It's amazing that it's been years since Ukraine asked for F-16s. Here's some reports from 2021, well before the 2nd Russian invasion.

I was in a conversation yesterday with a fellow warbird buff, discussion a suitable aircraft for hunting drones.

After discussing several modern types, he said: "what they really need, is a WWII fighter" to which I commented that they'd be either too fast or too slow, depending on what Russia has sent.

He said that I wasn't thinking in the right direction and added "Naval, think Naval".

While I was mulling that over, he said "Hellcat, bro...they have excellent rate of climb, good top speed, solid armament and good range. BUT, they have a stall speed of 75 miles an hour"

To be honest, I hadn't thought about a carrier bird, but they did have really low stall speeds (for obvious reasons).

With Putin cozying up to both China and North Korea, the former of which is no friend to India, Modi had a real opportunity to position India as a world hero of democracy. In Feb 2022 at the onset of the invasion Modi should have obtained security guarantees from Biden, and then thrown in his lot with Ukraine and shipped MiGs, SuKhoi and T-72s to Zelenskyy. Instead, India has put itself on the side of tyrants.

Last edited:
IIRC, Ukraine has all of three Sea Kings. Those were ex-FAA units stripped of ther ASW kit. I'm surprised the Brits didn't supply any necessary spares. My guess is this Norwegian donation is labeled as Sea King spares but is something else. Maybe entire aircraft? Though Norway is not a former or current operator of the type.

Last edited:
Another one bites the dust. This is from the Daily Mirror, a source I treat with caution but this has the smell of accuracy.

A Putin army general seen to be a key witness in a major corruption scandal engulfing the Russian defence ministry has died "suddenly".

Magomed Khandayev, 61, was head of the State Expertise Directorate of the Russian Ministry of Defence. He was subordinate to deputy defence minister Timur Ivanov, 48, who was dramatically arrested on suspicion of £9 million corruption schemes and remains in custody.

And Khandayev was seen as an important witness in the corruption scandal affecting the defence ministry as it conducts Putin's war against Ukraine. He now joins an array of unexplained deaths of leading Russian figures since the start of the war against Ukraine.

His death "raises questions, especially against the backdrop of recent 'clean-ups' among senior leaders of the Ministry of Defence related to corruption scandals. It is unclear how far investigators planned to go in their investigations or whether Khandayev's death was part of a larger picture. The death of the general will certainly become a convenient occasion for those who seek to cover up the traces of corruption schemes in the Ministry of Defence

Ok, the Khandayev betting que is now open

1) falling out a window
2) falling up a flight of stairs
3) numbers one and two combined
4) suicide by pistol
5) suicide by pistol while stopping to reload
6) suicide by axe (or other blunt force item)
7) died while playing with live grenade
8) airplane crash
9) airplane crash after playing with live grenade
10) sudden heart attack
11) sudden heart attack while swimming alone
12) severe indigestion after having tea

Users who are viewing this thread