"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Considering all the phone and internet scams the Indians pull, it's about time the tables were turned.

With India, they don't have paper currency as I understand it. That's extremely dangerous as it means every financial transaction is made over the internet, which makes it easier for privacy issues to pop up. It seems essentially intrinsic to the system regardless of intent.

With India, they don't have paper currency as I understand it. That's extremely dangerous as it means every financial transaction is made over the internet, which makes it easier for privacy issues to pop up. It seems essentially intrinsic to the system regardless of intent.
India has paper currency in circulation with notes mainly in six different denominations as well as five different valued coins.

There's several nations fooling with digital currency, but they aren't fully mandatory because of several issues.

While India, like China and other countries, is exploring it, they still have paper currency.

Currently, the Rupee is circulated in 1, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 and 500 denominations.

The 2, 5, 1,000 and 2,000 Rupee bills have been discontinued.

Their coins are 50 Paise (half Rupee), 1, 2, 5 and 10 Rupees.

Last edited:
India phased out the higher denomination notes. I just don't remember when. It was to help combat corruption. You'd need enough banknotes to choke a whale to conduct illegal dealings. Or something like that.

They did 'demonetization' in 2016. This was the third time they've done it (last time was in the late 1970s). It was very much a Modhi doing Modhi things sort of move (didn't actually do anything effective, but allowed politicians to create a lot of noise and much busywork was generated for everyone).

Wealthy Indians/criminal groups just swapped over to using gold instead of hard currency (import seizures have gone up tenfold). That and bitcoin and using third party intermediaries to hold property or debt notes on their behalf. Foreign bank accounts in certain jurisdictions also became very popular.

Last edited:
''...There may have been a change in government, but the UK is united for Ukraine.

As the new Defence Secretary, I will ensure that we reinvigorate Britain's support by stepping up supplies of vital military aid.

Our commitment to stand with the Ukrainian people is absolute, as is our resolve to confront Russian aggression and pursue Putin for his war crimes.

This government is steadfast in our commitment to continue supplying military assistance and will stand shoulder to shoulder with our Ukrainian friends for as long as it takes
...''

An interesting POV from a news source that I have found highly biased in the past.

From the language I am seeing, they appear to be on the level in several aspects.

Could the Arab world actually be losing faith in their Russian friends?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back