"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm not sure what to think. But over the years I've found AP's reportage to be remarkably accurate in other contexts. I can imagine the Ukrainians being desperate to relieve their veterans, many of whom have been fighting a year or more nonstop.

While I've read of Ukrainians training in NATO nations, I'm not sure that that's their only training locales or cadres.
I agree regarding AP's level of accuracy, however, the author of the article has had experience in reporting on past wars, so I'm left puzzled as to how she could have made such a huge mistake regarding the 47th.

I also noticed that she was quoting anonymous sources, which is understandable for OpSec - but those sources should surely know the difference between a rifle brigade and a mechanized battalion?

I agree regarding AP's level of accuracy, however, the author of the article has had experience in reporting on past wars, so I'm left puzzled as to how she could have made such a huge mistake regarding the 47th.

I also noticed that she was quoting anonymous sources, which is understandable for OpSec - but those sources should surely know the difference between a rifle brigade and a mechanized battalion?

While she's reported on wars in the past, she may not be that familiar with the Ukrainian Army's order of battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back