"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Admiral Beez,

Not saying I disagree with you about the Ukraine affording a Ticonderoga class, or its suitability for Black Sea operations by Ukraine, but the crew size is ~100 less than the Moskva (ie 400 vs 500).

Hey Admiral Beez,

Not saying I disagree with you about the Ukraine affording a Ticonderoga class, or its suitability for Black Sea operations by Ukraine, but the crew size is ~100 less than the Moskva (ie 400 vs 500).
Okay, but the Moskva wasn't operated by the UAF

Pity the Independence & Freedom class LCS ships turned out to be such dogs. IF they'd worked as planned, transferring a couple of them might have been good for Ukraine's navy.

Is this data reliable? I'm curious about the possibility of the following
  1. Cyber-attacks against the US that could cripple the country
  2. State of Emergency declared in NATO countries as a precautionary measure
  3. State of Emergency declared in the United States as a precautionary measure
  4. Escalation to nuclear war
Relax, Zipper, que sera sera. What will be, will be. Nothing you or I can do will change it, so let's maintain an even strain and not get high on anxiety. Make the most of today and deal with tomorrow when it raises its ugly head. My recipe for health and a good life.

I am thinking that if a full capability Ticonderoga became available, the Ukrainian navy would find the man power if they though it was a useful ship for the Black Sea.
I could see Ukraine getting two of Britain's Type 23 frigates as the final dozen leave RN service. But they're lacking any land attack missiles.

Good video channel for updates...

Last edited:
I could see Ukraine getting two of Britain's Type 23 frigates as the final dozen leave RN service. But they're lacking any land attack missiles.

Good video channel for updates...

There are 15 Oliver Hazzard Perry Class Frigates in the Inactive Fleet Storage in Philadelphia. I could see one or three of them being a very good transfer to Ukraine. Poland and Turkey are already operating these frigates so there would be easily tapped local experience.

There are 15 Oliver Hazzard Perry Class Frigates in the Inactive Fleet Storage in Philadelphia. I could see one or three of them being a very good transfer to Ukraine. Poland and Turkey are already operating these frigates so there would be easily tapped local experience.
Nice. Add some TLAM system like Norway's NSM or TLAM-D (Tomahawk with cluster munition) for added bombardment capability and we're all set.

I can see this war solidly strengthening the already warm relationship between Ukraine and Poland. They've come a long way since Polish–Ukrainian War - Wikipedia

Last edited:

The problem is how do you get them to Ukraine? Since Ukraine is a combatant, I have to assume that the Dardanelles would be closed to them. Perhaps the workaround would be to declare their main operating base as Odesa which should (stress SHOULD) allow their entry to the Black Sea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back