"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heard that before, what Boris stated.

I saw the Chakri Naruebet up close! "Farongs" weren't allowed to board it. Telling them I had been promoted to "Saparot" didn't help. The OHP class frigate was far more welcoming and homey anyway.
I believe ol' 911 doesn't really work.

This would be a much better fit for Ukraine's asymmetric strategy.
Agreed. Interestingly, outside of Narcos I can't see any midget subs currently in service that the UNF could borrow.

This one could do the job, but not yet/ever in production.

Last edited:
Continantals have more the enough of holy signed papers, contracts, cross my heart hope to die pledges, to wallpaper a medium sized castle, that in the end was not worth the paper it was written on. And that was only the 15th century. So no. Unless committed with boots and iron right there, it is just tv talk. Boris is very much a politician, funny at times but not to be trusted with the morning tea. Or a party in corona time.

As far as I know the su-34 picture is from the Syrian war, and maybe the su-25 too. But somebody else reported that civilian GPS have been found on the wreckage of some Russian planes in Ukraine too.
Mystery behind of this is GLONASS system coverage - probably Syria is black hole for this system this is why they have used curtesy of Uncle Sam and full availability of the GPS. Anyway used receivers are not working too well on fast jets....

A couple of observations:

1. Continentals should look after their own bluddy protection and not rely on the UK, US or anyone else.

2. These agreements are not the UK guaranteeing Swedish or Finnish security. They are mutually-supportive agreements whereby all parties agree to support each other if ANY of the signatories is attacked.

3. It seems pretty clear that Putin doesn't like the idea of Sweden and Finland joining NATO...which opens up the possibility that he might do something stupid before either nation joins NATO. Ergo, SOMEBODY needs to do SOMETHING to help dissuade him from that course of action.

4. Entirely agree what we saw today was a bit of political theatre but...

5. What, exactly, have any other nations--including the US, Canada and other European Allies--done to help enhance Finnish and Swedish security in the run up to them potentially joining NATO? AFAIK, nothing.

So...feel free to mock the Brits and please do keep bringing up their many mistakes over the centuries. However, right now they're out there, punching above their weight, in an attempt to contain further Russian aggression and build better, stronger defensive alliances. Maybe we should be applauding instead of criticizing.

That video doesn't show that.
really? at least 5 vehicles destroyed with single artillery action including hit of the BMP running at full speed around 2.55 timestamp - but of course you may be correct - it is fake for sure or could be you are going personally do it better next time.... just to prove your stance

My point, as has been made out before but frustratingly seems to be forgotten all too often, is that videos posted without full context can be easily be misleading. There is a lot of propaganda going on here - and this video definitely falls into that class. To post such a video along with the comment "probably one of the finest artillery units in the world in action" and without any justification other than the video itself is arguably hyperbolic at best.

Skepticism for claims from both sides is warranted, as both sides have a vested interest in affecting wider public opinion. This is why I look to (relatively) unbiased courses which cite their own sources as being confirmed.

Users who are viewing this thread