"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Interesting....

A Russian soldier will stand trial for committing an alleged war crime in Ukraine, for the first time since the war began on 24 February, according to Ukraine's prosecutor-general.

Iryna Venediktova said the man, who is currently in custody, is accused of killing an unarmed civilian in the Sumy region of Ukraine.

It followed a police investigation into the Russian military for "violating the laws and customs of war" and for "premeditated murder".

Her office said the soldier was in custody. He has not commented.

Separately, last month, Venediktova launched a hunt for 10 Russian soldiers accused of war crimes in Bucha - the town outside of the capital Kyiv where civilians were tortured, raped and murdered.

As Jagdflieger posted the Thales for the T-72 is a thermal imaging system for use in the fire control system.

These are French made and supplied.

The 2014 sanctions against sales to Russia by EU countries of weapons / munitions had a loophole that allowed
sales under contracts made before 1 August 2014 to continue.

Since 2014 around ten EU countries continued to sell to Russia.

France and Germany were the biggest sellers accounting for 44% and 35% respectively.

It wasn't until 8th April this year that the loophole was closed.

More on snake island

Meanwhile Russia claims Ukraine tried to take back snake island, but have not seen other sources confirming this. Honestly Russian claims for Ukrainian loses are hard to believe.

Russia said Ukrainian forces had attempted to retake the island on May 8, the eve of Russia's Victory Day anniversary celebrations over Nazi Germany in World War II.
"This adventure ended in disaster for Ukraine," said Defence Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov.

Konashenkov said Ukraine lost four aircraft, 10 helicopters, 29 drones, three armoured assault craft and over 50 "Ukrainian saboteurs" in the fight for the island. He eight Turkish-made Bayraktar TB2 drones were shot down over two days this week.

More whiney bitchery from Russia....

Russia has demanded a formal apology from Poland, and threatened future reprisals, for a protest on Monday in which an ambassador was doused with what appeared to be red paint in a Warsaw cemetery.

Moscow's ambassador to Poland, Sergey Andreyev, was surrounded by people protesting against Russia's invasion of Ukraine as he went to lay flowers at a ceremony for Soviet soldiers killed in the Second World War.

A decision on further steps will be taken "depending on Warsaw's reaction to our demands", the Russian Foreign Ministry said on its website.

I have to admit, it was a gutsy move by the Russian Ambassador to visit a Soviet WW2 war cemetery in Warsaw. After all, the USSR worked with Hitler to invade Poland and divide the spoils. I'm guessing that little piece of history is not part of the Kremlin-sanctioned official narrative about WW2.

"Pop goes the weasel"

The Chinese have the exact same design flaw in their own tanks.

Even their latest Type 99 MBT has the below turret carousel magazine and auto loader based on the T-72. The below suggests they're well aware of the issue.

wAFNBqe.jpg

After all, the USSR worked with Hitler to invade Poland and divide the spoils. I'm guessing that little piece of history is not part of the Kremlin-sanctioned official narrative about WW2.
I sometimes wonder what Britain and France, having guaranteed Poland's security would have done had Stalin jumped the gun on Hitler and invaded Poland two weeks before Germany. But that's a topic for another thread... hmmm, what if ideas are brewing now.

Konashenkov said Ukraine lost four aircraft, 10 helicopters, 29 drones, three armoured assault craft and over 50 "Ukrainian saboteurs" in the fight for the island. He eight Turkish-made Bayraktar TB2 drones were shot down over two days this week.
I had heard about this as well - but Ukrainian losses claimed by Russia were 2 aircraft, 4 helicopters and 4-6 TB2 drones.

I had heard about this as well - but Ukrainian losses claimed by Russia were 2 aircraft, 4 helicopters and 4-6 TB2 drones.
Guess it keeps growing ...

Also read on some pro-russian channels that
/conspiracy-theory-start
The foiled Ukranian assault on Snake island was engineered by US and UK officials. And that they (The US and UK officials) where captured while assaulting Snake island by Wagner group. And that those officials are right now being tortured by Wagner group.
/conspiracy-theory-end

I sometimes wonder what Britain and France, having guaranteed Poland's security would have done had Stalin jumped the gun on Hitler and invaded Poland two weeks before Germany. But that's a topic for another thread... hmmm, what if ideas are brewing now.

In short...nothing. The guarantees offered to Poland by Britain and France were only against German aggression. There was a secret annex to the agreement which explicitly made this distinction, and Warsaw was fully aware of it.

Guess it keeps growing ...

Also read on some pro-russian channels that
/conspiracy-theory-start
The foiled Ukranian assault on Snake island was engineered by US and UK officials. And that they (The US and UK officials) where captured while assaulting Snake island by Wagner group. And that those officials are right now being tortured by Wagner group.
/conspiracy-theory-end

Again, the hypocrisy. For years, Moscow has claimed that the Wagner Group is nothing to do with Russia's military operations. Now, apparently, they're front-and-centre.

Also, please show us these US and UK officials that were captured. Let's have names, please, and photos so these nonsense claims can be verified. This is another unintended consequence of thinking that you can "own" the narrative. Will claims of US and UK involvement in Snake Island increase demands from the Russian people to retaliate and commence operations against US and UK forces?

Russia has demanded a formal apology from Poland, and threatened future reprisals, for a protest on Monday in which an ambassador was doused with what appeared to be red paint in a Warsaw cemetery.

Moscow's ambassador to Poland, Sergey Andreyev, was surrounded by people protesting against Russia's invasion of Ukraine as he went to lay flowers at a ceremony for Soviet soldiers killed in the Second World War.

A decision on further steps will be taken "depending on Warsaw's reaction to our demands", the Russian Foreign Ministry said on its website.

I have to admit, it was a gutsy move by the Russian Ambassador to visit a Soviet WW2 war cemetery in Warsaw. After all, the USSR worked with Hitler to invade Poland and divide the spoils. I'm guessing that little piece of history is not part of the Kremlin-sanctioned official narrative about WW2.
I guess Poland's apology will be something like "Russian ambassador go fuck yourself"
As far as I know Poland is one of the countries showing a harder stance in front of Russia, hardly surprising considering History and Putin's imperialistic dreams.

Again, the hypocrisy. For years, Moscow has claimed that the Wagner Group is nothing to do with Russia's military operations. Now, apparently, they're front-and-centre.

Also, please show us these US and UK officials that were captured. Let's have names, please, and photos so these nonsense claims can be verified. This is another unintended consequence of thinking that you can "own" the narrative. Will claims of US and UK involvement in Snake Island increase demands from the Russian people to retaliate and commence operations against US and UK forces?
Have in mind that those conspiracy theories are not for us, they are for internal consumption.

Is there anyway to get supplies to the garrison at Mariupol? It's on the shoreline and with multiple vessels lost or damaged the Russians clearly don't have risk-free supremacy over the sea. Nor do the Russians have risk-free air superiority.

"The United Kingdom is donating to Ukraine a consignment of cargo drones. There's an obvious application for these flying robots: sneaking supplies to the thousand or so Ukrainian troops who, for more than two months, have defended the vast Azovstol steel plant in Russian-occupied Mariupol. It won't work—not for the food, water and small-arms ammunition that are the staples of urban siege warfare. "

So what does Russia have in mind in the way of "future reprisals" for Poland, a "special operation" to root out Nazis there, too?

I'm pretty sure Poland isn't going to lose any sleep over Russia's threats.

Out of curiosity, would an amphibious assault ship be banned from the Black Sea by Turkey? A few nations classify ships that look like aircraft carriers as cruisers or destroyers of some sort even though V/STOL combat aircraft operate from them. I'm sure that has something to do with the future submarine Kusnetsov classification by Russia.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back