"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Given that there's a renewed offensive in the northeast, I wonder if the Ukrainians have enough manpower to both defend the Donbas and retake Mariupol.
This suggests if they had the weapons Ukraine's armed forces would move on relieving Mariupol.

Zelensky says Ukraine hasn't received enough weapons to unblock Mariupol.

But what do they need and is it realistic?

And yet more crappy tactics by the Russians.

You're under artillery fire as you proceed down the road in a tracked IFV. Do you:
(a) Stop on the road in clusters to make yourself an even better target?
(b) Use your TRACKED IFVs to disperse off the road, thus reducing the chances that major elements of your unit won't be hit?
Can I phone a friend or go 50/50

And yet more crappy tactics by the Russians.

You're under artillery fire as you proceed down the road in a tracked IFV. Do you:
(a) Stop on the road in clusters to make yourself an even better target?
(b) Use your TRACKED IFVs to disperse off the road, thus reducing the chances that major elements of your unit won't be hit?
I would be curious to know if the off road terrain has dried up yet. If it has, no excuse, but even if it isn't. pop smoke and/or smoke generators then back up move around, make yourself hard to see and hard to hit.

I wish one of Putin's missiles could have self detonated during his sh!t parade. There would have been no loss to the world.

Time? Those guys in Mariupol have been trapped since March. How much times does he want?
How much time does it take to transport, train, form up and deploy with newly received equipment? It's been about less than two months since equipment first started arriving. Ukraine is a big place, as Putler is finding out. Massive military airlift of troops and materiel to where they're needed isn't practical at the moment so it's trucks or rail. Putting MiG-29s back together would probably take a bit more than a couple of days. I wouldn't throw in newly formed units in drips and drabs.
I want to see a whole bunch of Leopard IIs, Challengers and Abrams under an F-16 and M-777 umbrella liberating Kherson and Mariupol too.

Last edited:
I would be curious to know if the off road terrain has dried up yet. If it has, no excuse, but even if it isn't. pop smoke and/or smoke generators then back up move around, make yourself hard to see and hard to hit.

Agreed...plus it's possible the road had embankments or other obstacles (which may be why it was selected as a kill zone). However, as you rightly point out, they should have done SOMETHING. Instead, they just clump together and sit there waiting to be hit. Doesn't make sense to me. Then again, if you've indoctrinated your soldiers to wait for orders before acting, you may end up with exactly the sort of response we saw in that video...just a complete lack of tactical gumption.

How much time does it take to transport, train, form up and deploy with newly received equipment? It's been about less than two months since equipment first started arriving. Ukraine is a big place, as Putler is finding out. Massive military airlift of troops and materiel to where they're needed isn't practical at the moment so it's trucks or rail. Putting MiG-29s back together would probably take a bit more than a couple of days. I wouldn't throw in newly formed units in drips and drabs.
I want to see a whole bunch of Leopard IIs, Challengers and Abrams under an F-16 and M-777 umbrella liberating Kherson and Mariupol too.

Yep. Fight the defensive battle to buy time to get these units up to snuff on their new gear, get them together, and then hit 'em with a Sunday punch. Half-assed offensives have a bad habit of stalling out.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back