"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So now I'm wondering with what the UAF will move all the towed artillery. Is there enough vehicular capacity to move substantial numbers of howitzers? I'm sure the railroads can only take it just so far.

I don't recall ever seeing M113s towing anything anywhere.
Quite a lot of them in Vietnam towing L5 Howitzers - fuel tanks and e.g. KW45 generators also in Germany in the 60'ies till 80's on the way to maneuvers areas.
Why in the first place they send these obsolete APC's to Ukraine I wouldn't know - instead of e.g. Bradley's. For medivac an M113 is certainly useful.

One can also transport e.g. a L5 howitzer INSIDE an M113

Attachments

• L5 howitzer into an M113.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 14
  • M113 p.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 13
  • M113 mt.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
M-113 may not be a first class combat vehicle but it's a tracked truck and there's a lot of them.
Calling an M113 an ARMORED Personnel Carrier is a bit of a stretch. At GE we were sent a couple VADS (Vulcan Air Defense Systems) that had been in Vietnam. The M113 chassis they were installed in had .50 cal and 12.7 MM holes right through the "armor" on one side, through the VADS magazine, and then out the other side. Side to side, and front to back, the rounds just went right through.
Armored? Not so much!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread