"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ok here is one - will MLRS be another case in Gepard style?,

You might need to provide a little more context. 'Gepard style' as in, promised but not made immediately available?

other one is more general, if high tech only approach is affordable means of conducting warfare?

I don't think any military is "high tech only", but technology provides a force multiplier for militaries that makes things less expensive, not more expensive. The cost-effectiveness ratio is way higher.

It's probably cheaper to use a ~$2 million cruise missile or a $50 million drone and Hellfire combination to take out an ammo dump, radar or comms site than it is it put together a strike package of manned aircraft, for instance.

The West long ago decided it was cheaper and easier to expend things rather than people.

final one is about NATO readiness level to response in a case of full scale conflict?

'Full scale' with who? Readiness in what sense?

If the Western Military District decides to roll tanks into Estonia or Latvia (assuming they have much left after Ukraine), NATO is sending everything in Western Europe into the Baltic states and aircraft and rapid reaction forces from the US (MEUs, Airborne etc, etc) are deploying from the East Coast. Meanwhile, the navy is sending a couple of carrier groups that way and the SSNs are lobbing SLCMs at anything that looks like a target.

That's not going to happen instantly, but neither is a Russian attack on a country on its Western border. The Russian build-up preceding the Ukraine invasion took months - and even then it was poorly done.

I figured that they would given the death sentence. In return Russians who get captured should also get a death sentence.

They thought that the normal rules of conflict applied and anyone IN UNIFORM was a legal combatant.
When have the Russians ever followed that convention? These are the guys that murdered thousands of surrendered Polish officers in 1940. The same guys who bombard civilian areas in Syria, who made bombs looking like toys to kill Afghan children. Anyone who volunteered for Ukraine's foreign fighters who thought they were going to be fairly treated upon capture was naive at best.

There are "a number" of HIMARS/MLRS platforms already in route to the Ukraine area. I do not know if they are going to training or staging centers - or both.

For all the naive and delusion people in the world who think the best course of action is for Ukraine to negotiate peace and give up territory as well if need be…

Putin said on Thursday that the Ukraine invasion is about expanding Russian territory.

Putin said it was his destiny to "return and reinforce" Russia like Peter the Great did.

Yes. And an article yesterday published inside Russia revealed [...]

Oh, I'm sure that's legit.
coffeedrinker.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back