"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

20,000 AKs in Kyiv were distributed to civilians in the first week of the invasion. Police was surprised to see no increase in street crime.
There are several drafts of the new gun law in Parliament now. Still no consensus, but the "pro-gun" lobby is much stronger today.

Last edited:
20,000 AKs were distributed to civilians in the first week of the invasion. Police was surprised to see no increase in street crime.
I would be a little wary, perhaps unfairly so about arming possible separatists among my community. Do we pre-judge anyone who may speak Russian as their first language, which is a good portion of Ukraine. Putin doesn't seem to care about bombing the crap out of ethnic Russians in Ukraine, so this may be driving those people closer to Kyiv anyway.

Or does everyone get a gun? What's the means test?

Good questions. There will be checks and tests. The applicant is supposed to spend some time at the firing range before the permit is issued.

I wonder how often Russian low orbit satellites pass over Ukraine and how much territory they cover with a satisfactory resolution.

I don't know. I know that SALT II restrictions on my base, in Texas, after the 7 BW demobilized, meant that we had daily overpasses verifying that our B-52s weren't uploaded on alert status. That implies a resolution of, at worst, a few inches.

Can't say anything about Russian satellite overpasses over Ukraine, but I can and will say that launching this invasion without satellite overview would make the Russians out to be even stupider than they seem.

The US is currently working on modifying G/VLLDs for use with Ukrainian laser designated weapons, while keeping the ability to designate for NATO laser designated weapons.

For those not already familiar with the system, this is the laser designator used with the tripod in the man portable version, or while mounted on vehicles like the M113 based FIST vehicles. It can be said that the G/VLLD allows line-of-sight designation to the horizon. Basically, if the object can be clearly seen by the designator user, it can be targeted - including at night using an integrated thermal imaging sight.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread