"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The French supplied arms to the UA even before the Russian attack as did the UK and the USA. And after the attack they kept supplying arms to the UA but have kept a low profile on that. Also Finns have not advertised what we had sent, we have 1300 km of good reasons for that.

I'm getting the feeling Ukraine doesn't really need Leopard IIs right now.

No, but they damned sure will feel the need for 'em tomorrow ... or next year ... or ten or twenty years from now. I reckon this invasion has toxified the relationship between the two nations for generations.

They'll get a few years to work up on the Leopard while they field the captured bounty and donated/purchased spares and ammo.

Well yeah, but not right now. How many freaking tanks does the ZSU have now? I'm not even counting that farmer in Brovary.
I'd prefer they get the M-1. 'Cause, like, they're cool.

More MLRS/HIMARs, more ammo, and add A-10s to the F-16 training we're giving them. OG Abrams now in storage would be cool too. Did I mention Warthogs?

Talking with my son about it last night, I mentioned that one of the ironies that will probably arise from this war is the fact that many places in Ukraine will have buildings using, in part, resmelted steel from all the hardware the Russians have lost.

And I think that every Ukrainian tractor-owner should get his own tank, just 'cause. That's not counting the ones they recover for tax exemptions.

Some interesting stats in the Forbes article. Not sure of their veracity:

Maybe they should go ahead and place an order for the new German Panther when they go into production.

Russian forces "outnumbered 8 to 1" by the Ukrainian offensive. Yeah...right! Just more excuses for an abysmal performance by the Russian military.

The updated map is interesting, showing all Russian forces evicted from Ukraine in the area north of Kharkiv. Although II don't like these maps that the BBC shows (the keys are misleading and they contain an odd mix of current and old information), they are reportedly sourced from the UK MOD. Regardless, that big splotch of purple in the north is really great news.

Just hoping and praying that Ukraine can hold onto these gains and continue to capitalize on them. They have a lot of territory still to re-take, and it will take a sizeable force to prevent Russian re-attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread