"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Agreed. Now, IF the AFU had full access to the latest catalogue of Israeli weapons and systems, what's on the top four wish list? My guess....

Iron Dome med-range SAM
David's Sling, long-range SAM
Arrow, anti-ballistic missile SAM
IAI Harop suicide drone
I want Iron Beam too. C'mon, Israel and space lasers! Let's get Cold War on Putler's ass too. We'll see his T62s and raise him those Israeli souped up Super Phantoms.

I want Iron Beam too. C'mon, Israel and space lasers! Let's get Cold War on Putler's ass too. We'll see his T62s and raise him those Israeli souped up Super Phantoms.
I think anything that's defensive would be palatable to the more squeamish Israeli hawk (there are no doves). So, forget my suicide drones, but anything that could shoot down Russian missiles and drones OVER the territory of Ukraine should be diplomatically acceptable. Israel ambassador to Moscow foreign office.... "um, metumtam, if you don't want our systems to engage Russian systems, then keep your systems in Russia, "

Last edited:
Interesting update on the move of Russian forces into Belarus:

A joint Belarus-Russian troop grouping "has begun the task of protecting the Union state", says Belarusian Defence Minister Viktor Khrenin, amid concerns in the West that it may be used as a launchpad for an offensive against Ukraine.

But Khrenin is quoted as saying that "we are not going to attack anyone" and that the force's aims are "purely defensive".

He did not specify how many troops are in the grouping, or where it has been deployed, but Minsk earlier said that just under 9,000 Russian soldiers would be sent to Ukraine's northern neighbour.

Belarus has been a key Russian ally since the start of Moscow's invasion on 24 February. Russia's failed offensive on Ukraine's capital Kyiv was launched from Belarusian soil.

Ukraine's military says it is monitoring all the latest developments in Belarus, and its troops are prepared for any eventualities.

While the assertions that Belarus won't "attack anyone" are slightly reassuring, the total of 9,000 Russian soldiers in Belarus is a large number given Russia's operational challenges in Ukraine. Perhaps some of the 300,000 poorly-trained conscripts are going to Belarus as part of this so-called defensive force?

To me about as reassuring as Putin's many statements in early Feb that he was not going to attack Ukraine.

Rather than ABM systems, the best way to kill these Iranian suicide drones might be C-RAM.

Man, does that thing eat ammo!

Looks like it's a bad time to be a recruiting officer in Russia.

That Azov mother/daughter team has been busy lately!

It might time to slap sanctions on Tehran similar to the ones on Russia. If the Supreme Terrorist wants to supply the Kremlin Terrorist, cut him off at the knees economically.

Iran already has TIGHT sanctions on it.

The Europeans have eased some since 2014, but they've replaced blanket sanctions with more targeted ones in the last few years. They just announced another targeted round this month.

The US exited the JPOA/JCPOA in May 2018 and the Trump Administration re-upped a lot of the earlier (Obama & Bush era) sanctions. Even before this, there was WAY too much uncertainty and lingering restrictions - particularly for export certificates - for US firms to do substantial business with Iran. In 2015, I helped with due diligence for a civil aerospace deal potentially worth 10s of billions of $. This never went through, because even then the big US banks and insurers were (rightly) nervous that a change of US government in 2016 would meant that sanctions would be re-imposed.

Man, does that thing eat ammo!
Indeed, over 4k rpm. And since it only takes one or two 20mm hits at 1k mps to kill one of these drones, the overkill rate must be massive. There needs to be a more accurate means to get relatively low cost drone kills.

The most effective might be semiautonomous interceptor drones on constant patrol.

Iran already has TIGHT sanctions on it.
Have sanctions ever worked, maybe South Africa? While screwing up the availability of some arms, sanctions otherwise don't seem to have any impact on Russia's decisions. The best path with Iran is to seize upon the current uprising to pursue regime change. That might end up with someone worse, but the ensuing chaos would at least temporarily disrupt Iran's foreign endeavours.

Have sanctions ever worked, maybe South Africa? The best path with Iran is to seize upon the current uprising to pursue regime change. That might end up with someone worse, but the ensuing chaos would at least temporarily disrupt Iran's foreign endeavours.

One of the reasons we're dealing with such an obnoxious government in Iran is because of the 1953 regime change we Americans and Brits forced upon them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back