"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Routs agreed, the hundreds of intact AFVs captured supports this. But the lack of tens of thousands of Russian POWs suggests the AFU has been unable to fully exploit these routs, allowing the Russians to essentially walk away to fight again another day.
Several reports from the Ukraine offensive stated that Ukrainian forces captured so many Russians, they were running out of places to hold them.

That sounds like a significant number to me.

Several reports from the Ukraine offensive stated that Ukrainian forces captured so many Russians, they were running out of places to hold them. That sounds like a significant number to me.
If accurate then I agree. I just think from a propaganda POV we'd have seen them paraded down the main street of Kyiv by now. The Ukrainians have been proudly and cheekily showing off their captured Russian tanks and AFVs, so why keep the POWs under wraps?

Routs agreed, the hundreds of intact AFVs captured supports this. But the lack of tens of thousands of Russian POWs suggests the AFU has been unable to fully exploit these routs, allowing the Russians to essentially walk away to fight again another day.

True. It's hard to catch folks hoofing it, especially when your own resources are limited. But the loss of equipment, position, and most importantly (in my opinion) initiative bespeak a major Russian defeat. And after such a defeat, throwing greenhorns in to plug gaps in your lines seems to me pretty dumb.

The first question of any general worth his salt would be to ask his G-2 where these conscripts are going, and then figure out if attacking there is worthwhile.

While hard numbers are not available, ISW reports that as of Wednesday Russian units on the Kharkiv front are generally at about 20% (!) strength, which implies a lot of Russian PoWs, given that they didn't stand and man their guns -- and so a good proportion of those losses are probably captured. The Associated Press, amongst other outlets, reported in September that Ukraine was having problems encamping the prisoners from the Kharkiv offensive, as well.

So while we don't have exact numbers, we do know that a significant number of Russians have been captured. I suspect that the inability of the Ukrainians to follow through on the offensive has as much to do with their own logistics as it does with Russians standing and fighting. I also suspect that the Russian conscripts actually sent to the Ukrainian front will have a low combat value and will likely surrender or desert if the opportunity shows itself.

If accurate then I agree. I just think from a propaganda POV we'd have seen them paraded down the main street of Kyiv by now. The Ukrainians have been proudly and cheekily showing off their captured Russian tanks and AFVs, so why keep the POWs under wraps?
I believe parading P.O.W.s is a war crime. It isn't permitted by the Geneva Conventions.

From what I've reading and viewing from analysts, Bakhmut isn't even strategic. There's nothing there, no roads or rail that control the frontlines. Attacking this place does nothing to relieve the strain of Ukrainian offensives in Luhansk or the Kherson. It's a waste of Russian troops.
The more wasted Russians, the better.

I would love to see a headline that stated: Russians run out of missiles and drones. Now launching Iranians with explosive diarrhea.
I just don't know what the Iranians get out of their support of Russia and these drones. Russia is clearly becoming failed state, one with a neutered, impotent military, a rapidly declining status in the world, with no use to the Iranians.

Last edited:
I just don't know what the Iranians get out of their support of Russia and these drones. Russia is clearly becoming failed state, one with a neutered, impotent military, a rapidly declining status in the world, with no use to the Iranians.
Learning how to get around sanctions for the Russians. Iran gets to stick it to the U.S. NATO, Ukraine, U.S. What's the difference? They have no one else to play with except maybe North Korea. North Korea has cooties.

Just recently, Kremlin accused Ukraine of preparing biological weapons, including mosquitoes...

So, here they are. And some mackerel fish... or combat shrimp? Shrimp is an absolute beast when angry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back