"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

He might. Inside that weird 1984-like Russkiy Mir, it would probably be spun as Czar Vladolph heroically taking on NATOnazis and that puppet of a clown who controls ruZZian lands just to the west.
If he doesn't fall out a window first.

Are these Russian or Ukrainian troops shown in these trenches with mud filled boots? I can't see the AFU deploying their troops thusly unless desperate. I like to think that the Russians are ill-equipped and freezing in their trenches whilst the Ukrainians are well-equipped and drier/warmer (get them waterproof boots!) in their forward positions.

Last edited:

It's not so hard to believe when we remember the Russians now have been roundly defeated twice in the last three months, with the one in Kharkiv a rout. Building reserve lines makes some sense ... not that I think it'll help Ivan that much, given the poor quality of Russian troops.

It might have been something he ate, or maybe looking at the Sunset out of his bedroom window

I remember hearing a radio satire of "Hamlet" on the radio (AFN?) decades ago. In the real story, Hamlet's Father is killed by pouring poison (Henbane) in his ear. In the satire, the ghost of the father is asked how he died. He replies "They poured something in my ear." He is asked "What was it?" The reply "Bullets!"

Maybe something similar happened to Foreign Minister.

Russian missile accuracy is so bad they can't reliably hit a vehicle, can't hit a building, can't hit a city, and now can't even hit a country. Putin has done more damage to Russia's image as a world- class military power than anyone.
He is burning up his cruise missiles and Iskanders for what? Decentralizing the Ukrainian infrastructure? 1300 cruise missiles fired and they have barely killed 1000 Ukrainians. And the lights are back on in a few hours to days.

All Putin is doing is gifting Western Air Defenses to Ukraine much faster. Meanwhile, Putin will likely never have the capital to replace any of the missile systems wasted in Ukraine.

Last edited:
From ISW:

The overall pace of operations along the frontline has slowed in recent days due to deteriorating weather conditions but is likely to increase starting in the next few weeks as temperatures drop and the ground freezes throughout the theater. Ukrainian and Russian reporting from critical frontline areas throughout eastern and southern Ukraine, including Svatove, Bakhmut, and Vuhledar, indicates that operations on both sides are currently bogged down by heavy rain and resulting heavy mud.[1] Temperatures are forecasted to drop throughout Ukraine over the next week, which will likely freeze the ground and expedite the pace of fighting as mobility increases for both sides. The temperature in areas in Ukraine's northeast, such as along the Svatove-Kreminna line, will dip to near-or-below-freezing daily highs between November 28 and December 4. It will likely take the ground some days of consistent freezing temperatures to solidify, which means that ground conditions are likely to be set to allow the pace of operations to increase throughout Ukraine over the course of the weekend of December 3-4 and into the following week. It is unclear if either side is actively planning or preparing to resume major offensive or counter-offensive operations at that time, but the meteorological factors that have been hindering such operations will begin lifting.

KYIV, Nov 27 (Reuters) - The head of Ukraine's state-run nuclear energy firm said on Sunday there were signs that Russian forces might be preparing to leave the vast Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant which they seized in March soon after their invasion.

[...]

"In recent weeks we are effectively receiving information that signs have appeared that they are possibly preparing to leave the (plant)," Petro Kotin, head of Energoatom, said on national television.

"Firstly, there are a very large number of reports in Russian media that it would be worth vacating the (plant) and maybe worth handing control (of it) to the (International Atomic Energy Agency - IAEA)," he said, referring to the United Nations nuclear watchdog. "One gets the impression they're packing their bags and stealing everything they can."

[...]

Asked if it was too early to talk about Russian troops leaving the plant, Kotin said on television: "It's too early. We don't see this now, but they are preparing (to leave)."

This will be great news if it unfolds the way he's hoping.

Those boots (@8:10 in the vid) are a recipe for frostbite, as noted in the comments.
Nothing wrong with waterproof rubber boots in winter, provided you're wearing thick fleece and woollen kit underneath. Though marching in such a ridged tall boot may cause some discomfort. Here's my winter boot, essentially a farmer's Welly, but rated to -40'F/C. And my preferred sock.

I hope the Ukrainians are thusly equipped. The Russian's OTOH can freeze.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread