"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

as i've said before- many times- Where is a "Von Stauffenburg" when we need him?

Forgive me if I don't take that bet.

Go Boeing!

Last edited:
I saw a Storm Shadow missile the other day and I have to say that its the most unimpressive thing I have seen for many a year. Basically a rectangular box with some small wings. I only hope its more effective than it looks as we are going to be passing some over to Ukraine.

A series of explosions rang out in the Russian-occupied Ukrainian city of Mariupol, with reports of two hits within the city, the city council reported on Telegram on Feb. 22.
"Mariupol. Explosions are heard," the city council said in its post.

"So far, 11 explosions are recorded in the Russia-occupied city. There is preliminary information about two hits — in the area of AS-2 (Central district) and Stan-3000 (Kalmius district). Probably in places where enemy forces are concentrated."

Later reports updated the number of explosions to 12.

Mariupol is beyond the range of Ukraine's HIMARS system, and there was speculation in Russian and Ukrainian social media that a new type of long range weapon had been used by Ukrainian forces.

City Hall reported that the first explosion in Mariupol occurred at 10:33 p.m. It said that after the explosions, there were problems with power and communications in the Central and Left Bank districts of the city.

Later, mayor's advisor Petro Andriushchenko reported that a Russian ammunition warehouse in the vicinity of the city's airport and a Russian military base in the Illich Iron and Steel works had been hit. There were reports of secondary explosions, while some of the other explosions may have been the operation of Russian air defenses.

Andriushchenko reported another explosion in the city on the morning of Feb. 22, with locals saying on social media that the blast "set off car alarms" and "shook the curtains."

Mariupol lies more than 70 kilometers from the front line, at the very limit of the range of Ukraine's HIMARS rockets. There was speculation on Russian and Ukrainian social media that the weapon used may have been the Ground-launched Small Diameter Bomb or GLSDB.

The United States earlier said it would provide GLSDBs to Ukraine, but it was not expected they would be available for use by Ukraine until June. The weapons have arange more than double that of HIMARS, at about 150 kilometers.

Other Russian sources later said that the weapon used may have been Ukraine's Vilkha-M heavy multiple launch rocket system (based on the Soviet Smerch system)which is reported to have a range of 130 kilometers.

Like HIMARS, Vilkha fires guided rockets, but guidance is independent of the GPS satellite navigation system.

The Ukrainian authorities have not commented on the reported attacks on Mariupol.

This link was provided to me by a buddy at another forum, and it's not a source I read, so I can't vouch for the report's accuracy, nor the bias possibly inherent in the source itself. But it's interesting that they're targeting Mariupol rather than supply dumps east of the battle raging in the Donbas. Perhaps trying to distract the Russians from another counter-stroke, as they did in August before unleashing their September offensive?

taking out smaller tactical ammo dumps is some short-term ammo shortage, taking out bigger strategic ammo dumps may hinder them for weeks. Plus it may force them to move these big logistic hubs/depots even further away from the frontline to stay out of reach.

The United States earlier said it would provide GLSDBs to Ukraine, but it was not expected they would be available for use by Ukraine until June.
I like to think that what the media and thus the public are told is only a whiff of the truth. We're told that Ukraine will get a few dozen Leopard 2s…. my guess is Ukraine has at least two hundred Leo2 in action this time next month.
Plus it may force them to move these big logistic hubs/depots even further away from the frontline to stay out of reach.
That puts many of them into the sea.

Last edited:
I like to think that what the media and thus the public are told is only a whiff of the truth. We're told that Ukraine will get a few dozen Leopard 2s…. my guess is Ukraine has at least two hundred Leo2 in action this time next month.

You can't move that many tanks without people seeing them. Two hundred tanks is a long train & rail is the only effective way to move a tank long distance. And no matter the opsec someone would see that big of a train and blab.

We would use trains to go Graf & Hohenfels rotations because it would be too wearing mechanically to drive them there. We'd roll around during REFORGER exercizes but we never went far from the casern during them.

Users who are viewing this thread