"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (14 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How is this better than keeping the T-62's turret and gun?
Logistically they don't have to source 115mm ammo to support a piece in service in very limited numbers. They have also been promised/are receiving an influx of vastly superior, more modern Western tanks. For supporting infantry, they end up with a relatively well-protected vehicle with a rapid-firing weapon that will shred most targets. Losing the original turret will also reduce weight, aiding mobility and easing fuel consumption. I have seen other instances of Beute T62s becoming ARVs. Either way, for a minimal investment, they'll get a useful vehicle out of it

Ground is firming up and foliage is coming in on the trees. Weather forecast is for mostly sunny conditions for the next two weeks....

As Microsoft used to ask us: 'Where do you want to go today?'

Ground is firming up and foliage is coming in on the trees. Weather forecast is for mostly sunny conditions for the next two weeks....
My guess is they roll before within the next two weeks. There's rumour that the Ukrainians might force a crossing of the destroyed Antonivsky Bridge, the main crossing over the Dnipro River.

Last edited:
My guess is they roll before within the next two weeks. There's rumour that the Ukrainians might force a crossing of the destroyed Antonivsky Bridge, the main crossing over the Dnipro River.

There's LOTS of rumours - counter-encirclement at Bakhmut, heavy armour drive south from Zaporizhzhia, lodgement on the left bank of the Dnipro, light infantry advance in the hilly terrain north of Mariupol, end run North around Svatove.

I'll not hold my breath until a clear axis develops.

Even then, I'd be surprised if the success of September/October around Kharkiv and Kherson is repeated. I think it's going to be more of a grind this time around.

Russia appears to be much more serious about holding onto the territory it has captured and is actively preparing for a Ukrainian attack. There's been an effort to spread out mechanised units along the length of the front, in an effort to avoid a repeat of Ukraine breaking through lightly held sectors. In addition, damaged units are now being more rapidly rotated to the rear and plunked into defensive positions. Artillery is also being re-positioned further back (although a lot of this is due to counter-battery and HIMARS strikes).

About the only contra indicator at the moment is air sortie rates, which have picked up notably in the last couple of week. If it was me, and I was expecting an imminent major attack, I'd be husbanding air assets to make sure my fleet is ready to respond when it's most needed. At current sortie rates, a lot of aircraft are going to be on the ground for maintenance over the next few weeks.

WASHINGTON, May 8 (Reuters) - The United States plans as soon as Tuesday to announce a new $1.2 billion military aid package for Ukraine that will include air defense systems, ammunition and funds for training, a U.S. official said.

Ukraine will receive 155-mm Howitzer ammunition, counter-drone ammunition, and funding for satellite imagery as well as various types of training, said the official.

The package is paid from Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (USAI) funding which allows President Joe Biden's administration to buy weapons from industry rather than pull from U.S. weapons stocks.

I just hope that Mr. Civilian (Zelenski and any other non military high ranking officials) let the real men and women do their job, and not interfere!

I suspect that between Zelenskyy and Putin, the former is much more likely to listen to military reason and interfere less. The leadership gap in this war is astonishing.
Never forget history! Those people in their hideouts, have caused severe "tideturns" to the battles! A price that is paid by real men and women. For me, all of them, are same.

I suspect that between Zelenskyy and Putin, the former is much more likely to listen to military reason and interfere less. The leadership gap in this war is astonishing.

I think a large part of it is Zelenskyy knows what he doesn't know.

He's never served in the military, he was an entertainer and then a public servant. I don't think there are any pretensions about him having grand command authority, a la certain little colonels. Although he certainly knows the value of optics (and that can also be a negative when it comes to military matters [Bakhmut could have been disasterous, for instance]).

Compared to Putin, I think he's more willing to listen and trust his military staff, and I also think he's more prepared to listen to bad news. The latter is probably more important, as it allows tough decisions to be made early on.

I hope someday the Russians understand that they did not win. In the east it was the soviet Empire. Not Russia on its own.
They are "forgetting" that fact. And how about claiming it was Russias doing.

Not only the soldiers but also production labour and materials came from all over the soviet empire. Not to mention land lease and the rest of the western allies.

I'd rather they understood that the "could never win". Nothing they ever did could ever gain them that even slight moment... Oops.

Users who are viewing this thread