"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

UAF%20Kursk%20Incursion%20August%2017%2C%202024.png

Interesting claim by Lukashenko that Ukraine has "120,000 Ukrainian troops" massed on his border.

Pretty sure Ukraine is not going to let 120K troops just standing idle while the Kursk offensive is going on as well as other hotspots to the east.

The Kamikaze drone of the Ukrainian Diki Shershni (Wild Hornets) group achieved 264 km/h.
Top speeds of VKS and Rus.Naval choppers (according to Wiki)
Ka-50/52 ... 315 km/h
Mi-28 ... 320 km/h
Mi-24 ... 335 km/h
Mi-8 ... 250 km/h
Ka-27 ... 270 km/h
Mi-26 ... 295 km/h

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/i_kCePDApDU

I heard it. Didn't see it. Good thing helicopters are so noisy. The sound of that thing is scary.

Looking at the map, the AFU is tightening the frontier behind a defensible river. If Ukraine does dig in, it shortens the front line in the area and require fewer troops to defend? It does come with a pre-dug trench network and the Russian railroad lines to the area have been diminished.
I tell ya', as advantageous this counter invasion is, I am nervous.

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Sunday the daring military incursion into Russia's Kursk region aims to create a buffer zone to prevent further attacks by Moscow across the border.

It was the first time Zelenskyy clearly stated the aim of the operation, which was launched on Aug. 6. Previously, he had said the operation aimed to protect communities in the bordering Sumy region from constant shelling.

Zelenskyy said "it is now our primary task in defensive operations overall: to destroy as much Russian war potential as possible and conduct maximum counteroffensive actions. This includes creating a buffer zone on the aggressor's territory -– our operation in the Kursk region," he said in his nightly address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back