Alzheimer’s

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

its nice hear that beside his problem he still being very sharp in some stuffs like deal with money and past memories, its a great deal he keeps that shape man !

ps: sometimes another brain degenerative diseases lighter than alzheimer are confused with alzheimer by docs. the blurs in brain tissue sometimes makes docs diagnostic alzheimer but its not. my advice for you mate:

dont allow doctor full your dad with manny drugs. if a doc is giving too much drugs for him, just quit and search another doc. i had a very unpleasant experience with a guy who was giving a huge amount of drugs to my mom, we quit the MF and then she came back to walk and remember things more easily.

just an advice by my own experience ok ?

No problem Jug -

We actaully changed doctors about a year ago because of that - he was taking about 12 different meds - we demanded and received an accountability of his meds and 3/4 of them went away. Not only did he feel better but he was saving money as well.

Joe

yes just make him comfortable and enjoy him in all ways.........

both my folks-in-laws are going through the very painful loss of short term memory, they pull things out of the hat when they were kids clear up to about 10 years ago. We have present conversations and then it is brought up again 5 minutes or less and then too often repeated.........specific details of the present are easily forgotten, doctor apts., medications, too soon we will have to have their drivers license pulled .............. very scarey at times.

~ Just give them the dignity they deserve and try to act like it is all new with their questions.

it's tough

E ~

Thanks erich - that's about were we're at right now.

They tested people with Alzheimer's and they found if the patient stress or is not busy with something the Alzheimer's get worse and progress faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back