Ammunition Charts

Clave

Senior Master Sergeant
3,200
79
Joined
Jun 15, 2005
Location
Deep in suburban Surrey
Not a definitive guide, more just artwork - anyway, enjoy!

First 3 charts are 5.56mm:
 

Attachments

  • Ammo_Chart_556_1_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_556_1_Dev.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 3,281
  • Ammo_Chart_556_2_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_556_2_Dev.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 3,865
  • Ammo_Chart_556_3_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_556_3_Dev.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 3,676
Here's the 'short' 7.62:
 

Attachments

  • Ammo_Chart_762_39_1_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_762_39_1_Dev.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 3,198
  • Ammo_Chart_762_39_2_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_762_39_2_Dev.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 2,935
  • Ammo_Chart_762_39_3_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_762_39_3_Dev.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 3,081
Next three are 'normal' ie: NATO 7.62:
 

Attachments

  • Ammo_Chart_762_51_3_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_762_51_3_Dev.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 2,914
  • Ammo_Chart_762_51_2_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_762_51_2_Dev.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,827
  • Ammo_Chart_762_51_1_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_762_51_1_Dev.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 3,553
The classic 303:
 

Attachments

  • Ammo_Chart_303_1_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_303_1_Dev.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 3,250
  • Ammo_Chart_303_2_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_303_2_Dev.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 3,174
50 cal of course:
 

Attachments

  • Ammo_Chart_050_99_3_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_050_99_3_Dev.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 3,094
  • Ammo_Chart_050_99_2_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_050_99_2_Dev.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,613
  • Ammo_Chart_050_99_1_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_050_99_1_Dev.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 2,713
I'm sure I will be going back a size later, (7.92, 14.5 etc.) but for now I will finish with a couple of pages of 20mm x 102:
 

Attachments

  • Ammo_Chart_20_102_1_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_20_102_1_Dev.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 4,346
  • Ammo_Chart_20_102_2_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_20_102_2_Dev.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 3,509
Yeah, they do. Great work!
 
Thanks :)

It has been an education, digging around to find out about these. If anyone has good links to the following it would be helpful:

25mm ammo

30mm x 113 and 30mm 173 ammo

WW2 and earlier cannon shells of all sizes

Cheers,

Bill
 
I always appreciate you posting your work here for us to see....so thanks! As for reference material on ammunition, you may already have this man's site but just in case:
BOOKS BY ANTHONY G WILLIAMS

I am pretty sure that he's posted hereon this forum before but I am amazed at the breadth of information that he shares on his website.
Regards,
Derek
 
Thanks - and thanks for the link too.. 8)

Ammunition Chart No1 for 25 x 137mm rounds:
 

Attachments

  • Ammo_Chart_25_137_1_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_25_137_1_Dev.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 3,203
Aden cannon/DEFA, in other words:

Ammunition Chart No1 for 30 x 113mm rounds:
 

Attachments

  • Ammo_Chart_30_113_1_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_30_113_1_Dev.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 2,920
Way cool, Clave. Very nice. You might want to check your 5.56x45 to ensure you have the proper crimp depiction. Looks a little square, as if the case headspaced on the case mouth... when that isn't really what happens.
 
Way cool, Clave. Very nice. You might want to check your 5.56x45 to ensure you have the proper crimp depiction. Looks a little square, as if the case headspaced on the case mouth... when that isn't really what happens.

I see what you mean, and I'm fixing it now:
 

Attachments

  • Ammo_Chart_556_1_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_556_1_Dev.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 4,145
The other two:
 

Attachments

  • Ammo_Chart_556_2_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_556_2_Dev.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,886
  • Ammo_Chart_556_3_Dev.jpg
    Ammo_Chart_556_3_Dev.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 4,558
Good work Clave!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back