Any pics needed ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
I'm planning to pay another visit to the RAF Museum, Cosford, in the next few weeks, mainly as some of the aircraft from RAFM Hendon have been moved there, including the Ju88, Bf109, Lysander and Defiant.
If anyone would like any specific detail shots of anything, let me know in this thread, and I'll try to accommodate your requests.
In the past, by pre-arrangement, I've been allowed access to photograph details areas such as wheel bays etc, and the lighting is much better than at Hendon, so good detail shots are normally possible.
One thing to note though - this access is granted on the understanding that the photos will not be published, including posting on the Internet, so any requested images will be sent to individuals via e-mail, where 'private use' is acceptable.

Very kind of you Terry. As the proud owner of the Airfix B.P. Defiant: if you could take a picture of every square inch between the red arrows that would be very sporting of you...

Untitled.jpg

....or whatever tickles your fancy, your call

No problem - a simple side-on shot should do it !
If I can get close access, I'll see what I can do Geo.

Hi Terry.
Does the Saunders Roe SR-53 reside at Cosford?
If so, any close-up shots that could fool aircraft spotters would be greatly appreciated! :thumbright:
Besides, it's a beautiful looking machine.

Keep a lookout for irate Germans and don't brag about British jet engines.

Cheers
Graeme.

Last edited:
Yep, it's at Cosford - I'll get some pics of the type you need. And I'll try not to mention the war either - I did once, but I think I got away with it !

Terry, there is a security guard named Percy. Works there Saturday afternoons. I need a picture of his left ear lobe.

Geo, for you:

Def01.jpg
Def02.jpg
Def03.jpg
Def04.jpg
Def05.jpg
Def06.jpg
Def07.jpg
Def08.jpg

I believe Percy retired before Christmas, Andy.
The Airfix Defiant kit in 1/48th scale is excellent - well worth getting. Looking forward to seeing the real one at Cosford, as the last time i saw it, at Hendon, was in the late 1980s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back