Any thought to doing an adversaries group build?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kyushuj7w

Airman 1st Class
What woud people think of doing an adversaries group build this winter? Since joining I've enjoyed surfing around the site and I've see some of us have some substantial kit stashes. I know I have more than I will ever live to build unless I can get my new grandson into the game. However I do love the hunt for the rare or unusual kit.

So the idea is we privately msg a willing mod who would do some team paring based on what we intend to build. ( The mod can participate of course)

Example I say I will build a Tony or a Judy and someone else builds a Hellcat or a Avenger sort of thing. The mod can pair the builders up looking at the time period of the aircraft and theater of action ( or not) . The builders start posting about their builds not revealing too much about what the aircraft is. ( example post pics of cockpits, sub assemblies, fuselage section pics etc) until it becomes obvious what he is building. Keeps the visitors/observers guessing. At the end the same votes for the winners can be done as always for the quality of builds and the 3 skill levels currently used but with a new additional twist

Say one person in the adversary team builds a Fw190 and the other a L4 Grasshopper. The mods using something as random as the flip of a coin will award the kill to one of the builders. You never know that little Grasshopper pilot may have leaned out his window and fired his 45 into the 190's oil line . After a few build sessions we may well have an ace surface. :pilotsalute: The thing here is it just for fun and a person putting two popsicle sticks together and painting it with sharks teeth might still win out over a swiss watch maker :) Not sure if the mods have any mechanism to show kill flags under a members avatar but this might get a few more sideline people joining the builds?

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Interesting idea but we do already have GBs scheduled through 2023. This schedule was the result of a lengthy voting process from interested members and so won't be changed. However, there's nothing stopping you from organizing an "unofficial" GB on your own if indeed that's what you are doing. As a judge in the official GB's, I don't think I want to become involved in scoring yet another one so you'd need to find a interested parties to serve as referees. As for participating, I'm having a hard enough time entering and completing projects for the official GB so I can't see me joining this one. Good luck though and thanks for the idea!

Just jump in. You will enjoy it.

Zombies are kits never finished for what reason, but now tried to complete. Some have been on the bench for eons hence zombie.

You could do Any as a Start To Finish build.
Posts just the same. Beauty is No Time Limit!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like one-o-mine
My Zombie GB started out as one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back