ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY DOWNLOADED THIS YET?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
BR 1886 (CB 4273 (52) HM Ships Damaged or Sunk by Enemy Action 3 September 1939 - 2 September 1945 (PDF, 69MB). This Book of Reference (BR) contains a complete summary, as far as is known, of war damage to HM Ships in the Second World War and is based on reports held in the Admiralty at the time of its publication in 1952. Almost 500 pages

1601411742953.png

I've tried for a few days but the upload bar only goes halfway and then quits. Its not a huge file and I've uploaded bigger files in the mean time. I'm thinking the link may broke, a shame if it is

The above were just screen shots. I can see the entire book but can't download. This is where it sits an hour later, blue line is stubborn

1601417322944.png

Thank you Andy. Still not sure what the issue is. I just finished uploading 2 documents that were each 60% larger than the above without issue and as noted, using Karl's upload, it took less than 30 seconds....odd

Though i am unhappy with Geo for tricking me into downloading and reading a book.
Its like hes trying to edjumacate me or summit ! :lol:

Last edited:
BR 1886 (CB 4273 (52) HM Ships Damaged or Sunk by Enemy Action 3 September 1939 - 2 September 1945 (PDF, 69MB). This Book of Reference (BR) contains a complete summary, as far as is known, of war damage to HM Ships in the Second World War and is based on reports held in the Admiralty at the time of its publication in 1952. Almost 500 pages

I've tried for a few days but the upload bar only goes halfway and then quits. Its not a huge file and I've uploaded bigger files in the mean time. I'm thinking the link may broke, a shame if it is

I just saw the topic and gave it a shot. Well three or four shots, actually. The answer for me (with windows 7) was to left click your link on Chrome and wait 6 or 7 minutes. The download did not apear to be complete, (large gap in the middle of the book) but I told it to download to my hard drive and the book I got is actually complete. No idea what the issue is.

It took under a minute and Aus has the 63rd fastest internet in the world. Must be that the MI5 and/or CIA or another member of the alphabet soup do not want Canucks reading the file so let us see if we can sneek it past them.o_O

Attachments

• Ships_Damaged_Sunk_Enemy_Action.pdf
    68 MB · Views: 274
Yes - just got a complete download of the "Ships damaged...." report. As mentioned the download stopped about half way through, but as I started scrolling thru the document additional pages kept popping in. I now have the whole document. It's a 71 MB pdf file. A fantastic amount of information in there. I'd try attaching the file to this note.
Whoops - just saw that MiTasol did the same thing - oh well....

Attachments

• Ships_Damaged_Sunk_Enemy_Action.pdf
    68 MB · Views: 207

Users who are viewing this thread

Back