Arba Products and UMI Resin

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
Hi everybody,
I'm thinking that my next modelling project could be an Avia S-199

d108.JPG

overview.jpg

and I found that two small producers were making a conversion kit, they are:

ARBA Products, 166 Bishepscote Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU3 1PE, England
and
UMI Resin

Does anybody know where I could buy one those kits?
Possibly in Europe ...

Many thanks in advance
Alberto

Try that mega hobby shop in Amsterdamn. I have purchased some odd ball stuff from them in the past that I couldn't find anywhere else. Especially long out of production stuff. Oh, and also try Hannants and eBay.

just found one of these in 1/72nd that will need restoration,i think it was made by pegusus so any info pics will be of great interest

Try that mega hobby shop in Amsterdamn. I have purchased some odd ball stuff from them in the past that I couldn't find anywhere else. Especially long out of production stuff. Oh, and also try Hannants and eBay.

Many thanks for the answer!
I tried Hannants, Aviation Megastore and several other modelling e-shops but I found nothing. Also e-bay worldwide was negative.
i think it will be very hard to find that kit, but I will keep searching.
Alberto

Hi everybody,
I should be receiving pretty soon the conversion kit I ordered from Ciro Models
Ciro models e-shop - 1/32 letadla
so now I have the issue to find an Hasegawa G-14 but they seem to have disappeared from the market and the few available are very expensive.
Therefore I'm considering a 21st Century kit that's available on e-bay and cheap, but I understood that the quality is questionable, what's your opinion?
The money I will save will be good to purchase a cockpit upgrade kit from MDC.
Thanks in adavance for your help.
Alberto

I'd go Ciro, I recently purchased their 1/48 Mig-21MF tail correction kit and love it :D really nice resin :)

I think 21st Century depends on the subject, I've purchased their resin from time to time and its been good, and bad, a mixed bag :( Sorry I wasn't of any more help Alberto :)

A lot an be done with the 21st Century kit Alberto. Overall, it's almost as good as a mainstream kit, such as Hasegawa. With a little extra work, it can turn out nice. The main area to watch is the dihedral, which is slightly 'flat' if built OOB.
Somewhere on the forum I did a build thread,about four years ago, but here's a few pics of the finished model.

Attachments

• 21 Gustav 267.jpg
    21 Gustav 267.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 138
  • 21 Gustav 368.jpg
    21 Gustav 368.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 21 Gustav 371.jpg
    21 Gustav 371.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 129
Very good! I will try to buy the 21st Century kit, it's now only aprox 11 UKP, including transportation and even if goes up a bit will still be convenient.
Alberto

Hope you get it Alberto - the decal sheet alone is probably worth the cost of the kit! And the resin products from MDC are excellent - I've had a few bits and pieces from them. There's another UK company as well, who supply some nice cockpits and conversion parts, although I haven't checked recently to see if they've expanded their range - they're called Grey Matter Figures - might be worth a look.

Many thanks for your note.
I hope it will work, someone is bidding against me ...
If it will fail, there is an other option stell on e-bay, 10 UKP higher but still good, under the label "Ultimate Soldier", it seems to be exactly the same, is it correct?
Alberto

I think it is the same Alberto. If you 'lose', let me know, as I think there might be one at a place I've used once or twice.
Alternatively, the new tool Revell G-6, with the tall tail and 'Erla' hood, virtually identical to the 21st C kit, even the decals, is due out very soon - was due in December - and it's only £19.99. Wayne posted a pic in the 'Future Releases' section last week. Might be worth waiting for that?

Last edited:
I didn't won! Someone out-bidded me a few seconds before the end.
No worries!
The other e-bay option will be 28.10 Euros including freight form France but for 37.26 Euros I could get an Hasegawa G-10 from D9-Models in Newport, Wales.
The G-10 is pretty similar to the G-14 and I have two MG bulges in my spare box.
Less then 10 Euro more will be acceptable for me, because I will be on the safe side concerning the fitting of the replacement parts and other possible issues related to 21st Century kits.
The only question I have for you Terry and the other friends on the forum, is on D9-Models because they charge only UKP 2.14 for freight to Italy and this sound strange to me, does anybody know them?
Thanks in advance
Alberto

Don't know of that company Alberto, and the shipping rate sounds exceptionally low. When I've sent an 'average' sized kit (smaller package than 1/32nd scale) to Europe, the cost has been anywhere between about £4.50 and £7 - even a small packet costs more than D-9 are charging.
When the new Revell kit is released, which must be very, very soon, at £19.99 in the UK, approximately 23 Euros, if it can't be found in Italy, then shipping from, say, the UK, would be around £5 to £8 maximum at a guess. So if shipped from the UK, probably a total cost of around 32 Euros. Externally, it's virtually identical to the G10/G14 anyway, being a 'late' G-6.

Many thanks Terry.
I didn't considered the new Revell and I think I can wait for it, at list for some time.
I put it on my watch list on Hannants and I know already that shipping to my address will cost UKP 7.69 or 11.39 if "recorded"
Cheers
Alberto

Glad to help Alberto. I've been looking forward to the new Revell kit, but was disappointed to find it was a late model 'G' - I was hoping for the earlier version, with standard canopy and fin/rudder. Oh well, saved me spending on yet another kit!

Alberto,
check this,
Avia S-199 1/32nd Conversion Coming from Werner's Wings - ARC Discussion Forums
BTW, I was lucky, 1 month ago I was able to get the ARBA conversion. Yesterday I discovered that Floyd Werner soon release his conversion and pre-ordered from him.
I have the Hasegawa kits, but I will use them to convert them to Avia and Buchon. So if you can wait and Revell release the state of the art bf 109, for sure you will find many Hasegawa for sell on eBay.

Salute Ralph

Many thanks Ralph for your note, by the way in the mean time I managed to find a purchase the conversion kit made by Ciro Models
Ciro models e-shop - 1/32 letadla
It's a good kit only needing, IMHO, some work to adapt the new nose to the Hase fuselage
Cioro models c-322-avia-s-199.jpg

c-322-avia-s-199.jpg

About the G-14 kit at the end I choose to take a G-10, still from Hase and conveniently priced on e-bay. For the mg bulges I will use two I saved from a previous project.
More details on the dedicated thread when I will start it.
Cheers
Alberto

Going to be another interesting conversion Alberto. If you ever want to do a 'Buchon', then there's a conversion kit in the UK, either from Grey Matter Gigures, or MDC - can't remember which of hand, but can find the details fort you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back