Assistance identifying part- Possible engine piece

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

tubachris85x

Recruit
Jun 24, 2016
New here, but seeking assistance,

I'm part of a prop-replica building community and I've been searching for a very unique part that hasn't been identified yet.

This particular piece is used A LOT throughout the original star wars films, as well as even seen on the Alien suit for the film..ALIEN.

The only "real" lead we've gotten was from the prop builders from ALIEN who claimed that much of the "found" parts originated from a WW2 era Rolls Royce engine. Others who've researched feel that they are not from a Merlin or Derwent engine, though I can't back that with 100% confidence.

Outside of aircraft, it could be quite literally anything, but given it's design and shape, I feel that these disks are meant to act as a kind of plug-in or a cover for a panel, but it's my speculation..

Not that it entirely helps, but in the picture of the prop these were added to, they attached them via rivets. It's been my assessment that whatever these pieces are, do not inherently have holes at all along that rim,

hothscanner3B.jpg

Anyways, thank you for any help

-Chris

Eh I'm still young and can't remember my age half the time.

I think by the time I'm 35 I'll be out of my mind entirely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back