Attaching antenna wires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good work, but I have to ask why black?
British and German antenna wire was made from a multi-strand stainless steel wire. I don't think the multi-strand is realistically achievable in scale, but a grey/metallic colour is.
Cheers
Steve

You are right. The black isn't accurate entirely. The graphite or grey threads would be of the better shade. Because the kind of thread is very thin , these two colours are almost invisible when attached. Especially in 1/72 scale. As a result it is very easy to tear them if you don't remember these were attached there. :lol:
So the black thread is a kind of protection because the colour is more noticeable. Of course these threads can be painted if needed.

Last edited:
Yes, you can paint the color you require or even get a lady's nylon stockings in these colors (there are also metal !!) :shock:

There will always be a pleasant experience ... request from the lady, ... is a good topic of conversation. 8)

When building 1/72nd biplanes, wires made of stretched sprue are almost inevitable, since there is very little space to pull out and stretch the alternative material such as fishing line and strings from nylon stockings. I cut the stretched sprue a few mms longer than needed, glue with CA and tension with hot stuff as mentioned above.

Before:
DSC_0013-1.jpg

After:
DSC_0002-1.jpg

Well, biplanes may count as "out of topic" on a ww2 website, but there's this Fairey Swordfish and Russian aircrafts you know. :-\"

This is a good example of making the rigging. So it isn't "out of topic". However I have to disagree with the opinion on the very little space to pull out and stretch the alternative material such as strings from nylon stockings. These stocking threads are quit easy to attach and stretch even though there is not too much of room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back