AvPix unlimited

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Image (33) copy.jpg
Image (34) copy.jpg
Image (35) copy.jpg

Source: ed - photos by Landry, s/n 45-8883 May 1971, exported to Canada 1976.

Image (29) copy-1.jpg

Ex-Danish PBY-6A
Source: ed - photo by R. Trimble

Image (38) copy.jpg

Image (39) copy.jpg

The last B-36--B-36J-10-CF s/n 52-2827 c/n383 "city of Fort Worth" retired 12FEB59 now @ pima Source: ed - photos by Roy Kelly

Image (40)-1.jpg

FJ-3 source: ed - photo by Roy Kelly

Image (42) copy.jpg
Image (43)-1.jpg
Image (44) copy.jpg

F3H-2N Bu/No 137001 Source: ed - photos by Roy Kelly

Image (45) copy.jpg

B-47E source: ed - photo by ed

Image (43) copy.jpg

Wayne Morris----The only real Hollywood fighter ace. Joined Naval Reserve 1942 credited with 7 kills in the Pacific ( one source says 6 ) came home back to movies. Those of you who like the old B/W movies from the 30s have seen his work.

Image (44) copy.jpg

Image (45) copy.jpg

Will need an assist on these two as photos unmarked. Please confirm who I suspect they are.

Image (46) copy.jpg
Image (47) copy.jpg

These are part of the hero pictures and may help confirm who I think they are.

Source: ed - suspect photos from National archives.

Some Buffalos - often seen photos
Image (61) copy.jpg

F2A-2

Image (62) copy.jpg

F2A-3

Image (64) copy.jpg

model 339 photo dated 10 FEB 41

Image (65) copy.jpg

Also model 339 B-396

Image (63) copy.jpg

Image (66) copy.jpg

model 339 Mfr photo

Image (67) copy.jpg

model 339

Image (68) copy.jpg

F2A-2 marked RAF official and Naval Aviation Museum

Source: ed's collection -- photos most likely from National Archives

Image (48) copy.jpg

Photo appears to be from newsprint

Image (53) copy.jpg

Possibly at Wright Pat National Archives photo

Image (54) copy.jpg
Image (58) copy.jpg

Although these two are unmarked I suspect they are 190 cockpit due to German data on rudder pedals (left foot, Right foot), and single control throttle.
Conformation please. National Archives photos.

source: - ed's collection

Image (55) copy.jpg

Image (56) copy.jpg

Image (57) copy.jpg

This old UC-45J began life as a USAAF AT-7C Navigator S/N 43-33569 in 1944, transferred to USN as SNB-2C Navigator, Re-built as SNB-3E, and again as SNB-5, and finally UC-45J.
These photos taken in 1971 while assigned to NAS New Orleans and all were retired from Navy service 1972. This aircraft is now at The Monroe Historical Aviation Museum, Monroe, LA.

source: ed - photos by Boyd Campbell

Last edited:
Image (26) copy.jpg

P-61C-1-NO

Image (59) copy.jpg

USMC F2T-1 (P-61B) "CAL-DONIO" at M.C.A.S. Miramar, California, 1945. Upper turret removed on P-61A's and first 200 B's

Image (27) copy.jpg

Vindicators and Wildcats 3 DEC 1941

Image (69) copy.jpg

Lockheed 212 demonstrator as built for the Netherlands with British markings and civil registration.

Source: ed's collection - photos from National Archives

The Netherlands or Holland. The aircraft they bought went to their East Indies colony and any survivors were captured by the Japanese.

Although I don't remember the dates without looking it up, the orange triangle was roughly only during the war years, and went back to the four color post war. Our modelers should remember better. I'll go to wiki, because now you got me wondering when.

Tieleader,
The CAF airshow begins with the attack on Pearl Harbor and the B-17 represents an actual occurence when a flight of B-17's arrived during the attack. I think "Tora,Tora,Tora" is still the best Pearl Harbor movie and there is NO CGI. Try to go to a CAF airshow and also see the movie, available on DVD. Although they are all good with lots of flying action, the one I saw that I liked best was at Galveston, Texas, because they used the beginning part over water and around ships. The newspapers claimed some all night bar patrons hearing the planes and the explosions came outside and seeing the Japanese marked planes began yelling "They have come back".

Image (30)-1.jpg

Source: ed - photo by R.Trimble

Image (36)=1.jpg

Image (37)-1.jpg

Two photos by Roy Kelly

Image (49) copy.jpg

FJ-4B (AF-1E) Bu/No 143538 at NAS NewOrleans photo by Weathers

Image (50) copy.jpg

TV-2 Bu/No 138044 NAS New Orleans photo by Weathers

Source: ed's collection

Users who are viewing this thread