"Awaiting the Ami's" a small diorama of infantrymen

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I used baking powder and pressed areas down to appear packed. I built this model 6 years ago has yet it has not yellowed. I will get a container of Soft Flake and try it out. I assume the snow is HO scale and wonder if they have it in other scales. Thanks for the tip.

I used baking powder and pressed areas down to appear packed. I built this model 6 years ago has yet to yellow. I will get a container of Soft Flake and try it out. I assume the snow is HO scale and wonder if they have it in other scales. Thanks for the tip.

Correction: I used Baking soda and pressed areas down to appear packed. I built this model 6 years ago has yet it has not yellowed. I will get a container of Soft Flake and try it out. I assume the snow is HO scale and wonder if they have it in other scales. Thanks for the tip.

Correction: I used Baking soda and pressed areas down to appear packed. I built this model 6 years ago has yet it has not yellowed. I will get a container of Soft Flake and try it out. I assume the snow is HO scale and wonder if they have it in other scales. Thanks for the tip.

I don't know what Scipio used, but I do a lot of 1/35 military dioramas and I use Woodland Scenics Soft Flake Snow, SN140. Comes in a 32 oz shaker plastic container for about $11.00 US here in the States, and that size will last you a very long time. I did a 12" x 18" winter snow scene and used about 15-20% of the container. You should be able to get it in most hobby stores, particularly those who cater to model train layouts. One big advantage is that this stuff will (reportedly) not yellow with age.

Good stuff. I've just found it for sale in the UK prices at around £11.00. Will give that a go along with the baking soda when i get around to building Ehrlers ME109.

Cheers Chris

Chris, I might add that my baking soda was old and had absorbed moisture due that I live in a humid climate. This causes the soda to lump and gives another dimension to snow, also can easily be granulated as first purchased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back