B-17 attacked by Ki-43 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, Matt308.
Thanks again, proton45.
This is early sunday morning here.
I'll fall asleep for sometime.....zzz
01ss101.jpg

Thanks, Matt308.
Thanks again, proton45.
This is early sunday morning here.
I'll fall asleep for sometime.....zzz
01ss101.jpg

My watch has two time zones "east coast USA" "Tokyo"...this is because of the amount of travel I was doing. I found myself thinking, "what are they doing in Japan right now?"...ah, eating breakfast. 8)

If anyone's curious Ii posted another small clip from the movie... it shows primary gliders,soarer, and other training procedures.

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aviation-videos/film-clip-showing-basic-ija-pilot-training-21114.html

Captured 5 allies aircrafts B-17, DC-5
The photo in link says it shows B-17 and DC-5 but I think it's B-17D and DB-7B; note long engine nacelles characteristic of a DB-7/A-20, compared to short ones on a DC-5, see photo's below. 32 DB-7B/Boston III's from RAF stocks were diverted to the Dutch Naval Air Force (MLD) in the East Indies as stopgap pending the MLD's own order of DB-7C's. Only 6 DB-7B's were actually delivered to Java, at least one of which was made flyable by the Japanese and only one was brought back to Japan. Most of those not delivered to the Dutch ended up with the RAAF. None of the DB-7C's were ever delivered to the MLD, though many sources mistakenly call the captured a/c a DB-7C. It was DB-7B RAF serial no. AL904. There was also a captured ex-KLM DC-5, and it probably flew over Yasukuni the same day, since both a/c were diplayed together at Haneda field in July 1942, with other a/c including B-17D 40-3095, a Martin 166 (KNIL export B-10), a B-339D (KNIL Buffalo) and a P-40E captured in the Philippines; those were likely among the planes that flew in the October display as well.

img317b0e6ex70hga.jpg

captured DC-5

download.axd

captured DB-7B

Joe

Last edited:
Thanks for your care, Matt308.
I also wish you good health and happiness from here.

It is midnight here, proton45!
My bicycle was broken - two spokes missing (I don't know when lost in 3 years), low air-pressured tires, loosened brakes...
I have spent half a day today to repair and adjust:evil:

Hi, JoeB!
You have known the right answers from the beginning:shock:
The site owner was also wondering if it was DC-5 but seems didn't know there had been DB-7B.
Many thanks:salute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back