B-17 Manuals

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dear Micdrow
unfortunately I cannot open the pdf-files. Can you tell me the source?
thanks
Verlaine

Dear Micdrow
unfortunately I cannot open the pdf-files. Can you tell me the source?
thanks
Verlaine

Hi Verlaine,

The pdf's come from a variety of locations. Which one are you have problems with. Also try downloading the newest pdf reader as some people have had that problem as well.

All the best
Paul

bendix chin turret

Clipboard01.jpg

View attachment Bendix-Chin-Turret.pdf

Still no one around with a spare parts manual on hand?

Smithsonian Air Space Museum has various editions of parts manuals in its archives. They are huge (thousands of pages), and I did not have time to copy them. The archive is moving from MD to Va. so it won't be accessible over the next few months.

I copied a portion of the early B-17 manual,
HANDBOOK of OPERATION AND FLIGHT INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE MODEL B-17 BOMBARDMENT AIRPLANE July 5, 1937. This model was probably never flown in combat, but it shows that the early manuals were relatively simple compared with the illustrated and easy to read versions done later.
Sorry about the crude photographing job - I did not have proper equipment.

Attachments

• B-17 Handbook of Operation 1937.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,118
B-17 D Maint and service manual is on ebay. Check seller AviationArtifacts.

Looking for a B-17 Structural Repair Manual... anyone???

Thx

I have a couple of B-17 parts that cannot be found in the maintenance and errection manual. They all have numbers stamped in. Neither the number nor the part is shown in any of those manuals. So did the mechanics had a different manual that covered ALL parts used in the B-17? Thank you. Cheers, Kurtl

I have a couple of B-17 parts that cannot be found in the maintenance and errection manual. They all have numbers stamped in. Neither the number nor the part is shown in any of those manuals. So did the mechanics had a different manual that covered ALL parts used in the B-17? Thank you. Cheers, Kurtl

Pics?

If the part was made by a subcontractor it may carry a different part number. If its a casting or forging, there may be a "raw casting or forging" part number that will not be found in the normal parts manual.

Pics?

If the part was made by a subcontractor it may carry a different part number. If its a casting or forging, there may be a "raw casting or forging" part number that will not be found in the normal parts manual.

I'm assuming the shorter part protruding from the top as some kind of as hook. To me this looks like some type of door assembly

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back