Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

flanker72

Recruit
Feb 11, 2009
Hello everyone. I have a request. Together with a friend, I found the air temperature sensor TYPE C-13. I established myself that was installed in the aircraft bomb B-17, B-24 and B-25. In this sensor, the serial numbers ( text below ). I therefore question of what exactly the plane came from, I mean versions, type, model to which the individual belonged, who flew it. I would add that the sensor found in the place where probably in September 1944 crashed American bomber. This place is situated in Poland, about 50 miles east of Warsaw.

SERIAL NO.AF 43-6612
ORDER NO.43-10966-P
MF`RS PART NO. A-261
PROPERTY OF U.S.ARMY AIR FORCES
OHIO THER.CO.

Last edited:
That would be difficult to find. This is what you call a standard part and there is ususally no data tying the particular unit to an aircraft. Larger and more complex components were tracked on an equipment list, especially if they were life limited items, but you would need complete records of the aircraft. I think you're better off trying to find out about the wreck itself rather than trying to match the part to the aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back