B-25 Carrier Landings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Evenglider thanks for the help. I would not want to try to prove a B-25 could land on carrier, that must have been very hard.

A Sery on the b-25? That would be interesting. The added weight would do it in, but even if ut would only partly depress anything would be better then what they had. But the thought was good. It would have worked with the System from the B-29?

As for that film, I do not know much on Doolitle, but the fil shows that the nose and top turent guns were kept, they were fired to straf China. ;)

I personally don't think the Sperry would have been a good idea on the B-25, but it would have been a heck of a lot better than that contraption that they put in there. Without that, it still did a number on Japanese shipping.

True, I did not think that the Sperry as it was on the Liberator would have worked, but maybe somthing like it ;)

It did a grand job on shipping. If I had my pick I would like to be in a B-25 over a TBM.

Another interesting carrier "visitor" :drinking:

Attachments

• c130_13_407.jpg
    c130_13_407.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 610
Jimmy Flatley, Jr. got the DFC for that little trick. Painted on the fuselage below the cockpit was "Look Ma, No Hook!!" Flatley eventually retired as a VAdm.

His father was a WWII USN fighter pilot, an ace, a squadron CO, a CAG, and the operations guru for TF-58. He was promoted to VAdm by DP about a month before he died of cancer in July 1958.

Rich

Well as I've said before about that pic, it's not something you see everyday. :cool:
Distinguished flying indeed. Or rather, landing.

yeah the funniest part about the C-130 is that it was trials for a Carrier On-board Delivery plane, or a COD plane :lol: and yes that is the proper designation :lol:

The USS America was in Philadelphia before they sank her, I got a few looks and a group was trying to save her, but that was to no use. could have been nice to see the carrier close to the USS Jew Jersey ;)

As for the C-130 crazy landing on the carrier, the reators of a TV show I watched called "JAG" used it for an episode. At the end of the show they said it was a real thing I fell on the floor in shock. If any of you get to see one in persone then think of that on a carrier!

Evenglider, the flgs are great! But I like the Maple Leaf. But today is that great day, the start of the end. I wanted to find a B-24 in D-day stripes for my sig, but that is not the case. But did find this JATO pic ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back