B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nicely done Luis.
I've used thick foil for the quilted covering on bulkheads and walls - for example, on my B-25 bombardier's position and cockpit, and on a Westland Wessex helicopter - using a similar technique to 'impress' the quilt pattern.

Yeah looks like Luis has a brain Some Astounding work Luis
Sometimes I get to have my doubts, but I trust my dwarfs !!

I did something similar on the back wall of a helicopter that I am putting together for Magy (my lady is a fan of helicopters).
On the thick foil I marked parallel lines and then crossed others forming the "rhombuses" of the texture. With a ruler and a sharp metal tip.
It's also a good tip Terry , thanks for sharing.
I'm sure they'll be good options for someone.

Saludos

Hello everyone and I hope you are enjoying the week.

... These are the images before starting the filter stage. It is also the last time we will see Sharky wearing a clean and shiny skin ...

(BTW, I love photography on the PC screen, ... represents a "Caballero Águila", recognized and feared Aztec warriors, is my current avatar)

With yellow, red and blue oil paint, I started pining small dots with the tip of a toothpick randomly. For being a relatively large model, I decided to do it by parts ..., it is worth mentioning that in each section, I previously passed with a brush a light uniform layer with solvent spirit ...

Then I will show you the result and the difference of the section with applied filters and the one that is still pending to be applied. It is notorious, but subtle this new stage ...

I return in a few minutes with another series of photos.

... continuing ...

Then the bottom part, with the same colors, in the same way ...

in the following photos you can clearly see the difference in tonality, after and before the filters ... (I really liked this technique, it is the third time that I apply it in my models).
Recommended to improve the appearance.

This is a partial panoramic of my workspace ... and that's how our Sharky spent Sunday night.

What followed was to apply a layer of varnish matte to protect the entire surface and ...to start the stage of aquarel pencil chipping, exhaust gases, fuel & lubricants stains ...

But that must wait because
... I think I made a mistake in mixing Flat clear XF-86 with approx. 50/50 isopropyl alcohol, ... and made a small reaction that was mainly more noticeable in the Olive Drab , ... as if it had been dropped talc or flour sacks !!

I am seeing the way to solve it and minimize my error ... !!
I will be already commenting, and if I am on time for any suggestions from you, I will be all ears.

Saludos

Thanks for the advice Andy, can it be with Future, or should it be a gloss varnish? I have both ... is it indistinct?

Gracias amigo

Luis , to be honest the Future is nothing more than a gloss acrylic varnish. The idea of using a such one is to "soak" the milky deposit of the flat clear varnish that is the result of reaction between the thinner and the matt clear coat. Usually it helps but I would follow Andy's advice for chacking on the small spot firstly.

Thank you very much Wojtek for the clarification. I will follow the advice.

Pozdrawiam mojego drogiego przyjaciela.

Hello everyone, the suggestion had good results; I had previously used a microfiber cloth to gently rub the most affected flat parts with the whitish and in the exhausts I used a brush with trimmed bristles and it helped a lot to decrease the white accumulation.
Then I applied the Future layer and after more than 24 hours, apply the matt varnish layer ...

... another accident more , ... in the roar of the microfibre cloth, I broke one of the machine guns of the back ... and I'll fix it later ...

Some parts were a little whitish, but I liked that it gives the appearance of accumulated dust or dirt ...

For the exhaust gases, first apply very diluted black in the total stain that each exhaust will leave,... in a smaller distance, I applied a mixture of deck tan and khaki (XF55 and XF49) very diluted.
Then with asphalt oil paint and a thin brush apply a little in the exhausts exits and I diffused it a little along the beginning of the gas path. Finally I used black oil paint for the outlet.

The result in the left engine ...

The right engine (which is the one that is open to show the interior), I chose to make exhaust gases more pronounced and therefore more stained brand of fire, grease and oil ... (possibly that's why it is opened to do the necesaries repairs )
So the plates removed have evidence that that engine is pulling more oil than normal!

... to the hatch of the right landing gear, they also touched those spots ...

A flaw as a photographer caused the reflection of the light does not allow to see clearly the largest stain of the damaged engine ... There will be better pictures to see it ... And on the bottom it's more noticeable ...

... I return with another sequence of photos, ... greetings.

... it was time to remove the masks from the windows, ... there was no difficulty in removing the complete pieces!

Something more to learn and experience ... when removing the tape and masks from the upper turret, the bubble in front and the bubble of the tail, I found several grains of salt that were filtered during the application ... it was a little complicated to remove them

I had to carefully removed the two bubbles, cleaned the inside of the glass, took advantage of it and with the airbrush I gave him another good blowtorch to the inside. Then I glued the pieces with Tamiya ETC. The upper turret I could not detach because it is attached to the entire part of the seat of the gunner and the machine gun, also still lacks some details and I hope that with a good polish is better.

I liked the new windows and allow to see the interior of that section (there will be an opportunity to have good photos of the interior, now that it is finished)

After having worked with the exhaust gases and dried up the oil paintings, I began to assemble the bombs, legs of the landing gear and the doors with the access stairs to the plane ...

I also liked the appearance of the front lights of the wings (it is something new for me)

Well, this is all for now, and every time is less what I lack. This is what our B-25G looks like now.

Do not stop making your comments or questions.
We are only a few days away from reaching the goal and I hope that the weekend will give me the opportunity to advance.

Un saludo grande hasta dónde te encuentres

Users who are viewing this thread