B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello my friends, there have been several days and very little participation from me with my B-25. :facepalm:
I was able to work a little during the weekend, so I share the advances.

I finished with the bombs, ... I was missing the yellow stripes for the 100 lbs bombs, and purples stripes for incendiaries.

660.jpg
661.jpg

Also the weathering over the propellers now are ready ...

662.jpg
663.jpg

After, I gave myself the task of applying the salt, for the second session of weathering, now it will be in those parts of the bomber, mainly where the heat accumulates (in and near the engines) and along the bottom of the airplane.

... in the upper part of the wings mainly and other parts ...

667.jpg
668.jpg
669.jpg

... and so on in the parts in below ...

664.jpg
665.jpg
666.jpg

Later I show you what was the result ... 8-[

... espero les guste éste avance ... :thumbup:

Nice work. The fine lines you achieved on the incedieries are exceptional.
Thanks Chad for your comments. There are times when a sharp toothpick works better than a fine brush ... but the pulse of my hand betrays me :confused:...!

This is the result after applying the second stage of this salt technique, now with the color black. Remember that half of the cup of my airbrush is full with isopropyl alcohol and what I can take of paint with the tip of a small brush, I make the dilution.

670.jpg
671.jpg
672.jpg

What follows is a first series of photos of how the bottom part looks like:

673.jpg
674.jpg
675.jpg
676.jpg
677.jpg
678.jpg
679.jpg

With a fine sandpaper of the 3200, I´ll softened some parts, to improve and make the finish more subtle.
... but there are still more photos ... :D

Hasta pronto :thumbup:

... this is the complement of the photos from the bottom side ...

680.jpg
681.jpg
682.jpg
683.jpg
689.jpg

... and these are some of the top ...

684.jpg
685.jpg
687.jpg
688.jpg
686.jpg

This is all up to this moment; I will give a layer of Future with the airbrush, to leave all the surface ready to make some filters with oil paints, ... while I go attending other pieces to have them ready in the final assembly. :cigar:

I will be sharing you what is happening. Thank you for your countless visits and for all your advice and comments.

Saludos compadres!! :thumbup:

Looks amazing L-C.
:thumbright:
That weathering looks awesome.
:thumbleft:
Absolutamente fantástico mi amigo
:hello2:
Muchas gracias, Andy, Paul y George mis amigos :grouphuuug:

Thank you very much their kind and motivating words.
Seems that this first attempt to do this procedure to achieve a result more successful with respect to the appearance on a plane active military, I liking and is giving a good impression ... I hope it continues like this (have been several processes that I has been working with the skin of our "Sharky")... and to be the first time I do all this, I feel motivated.​

Un abrazo :thumbup:

Last edited:
Gracias Wojtek, Terry y Migrant por sus amables palabras. :thumbleft: :thumbright:

I had the plane with "belly" up; so I took the opportunity to apply the first layer of Future to the bottom part and let it dry the rest of the night.
Very early today I went down to check it and everything was in order and Future's layer was dry. I turned the plane to clean and check the top to apply the Future layer.
It was then that I saw that small space between the wall and the outline of the fuselage, ... that I had already seen, [-X... so before I had some lazy thoughts and being able to regret it later, I started to repair that flaw!

690.jpg

I prepared some strips of styrene, so that they fit in the different holes.

Then with the appropriate bit and my Dremel, I could make the repair smoother. With a jeweler´s file and sandpaper I could improve the appearance even more.

691.jpg
692.jpg

The plan was to put some putty, get smooth with fine sandpapers and repaint the repaired area :-k:idea:... but it occurred to me to try to make a cover (which I could see in some photographs, which cover a large part of that wall), which seems be of a thick, cushioned fabric, propitious to cover (or protect) the instruments and cables that go on that wall.
In some video tutorial I saw how to do something similar with epoxy clay, and with the grooved cylinder of the handle of an Excel, give it the shape. :D

693.jpg

With a little bit of oil for sewing machines, I was able to keep the epoxy clay moist and work with it.

695.jpg

... and I gave shape to those three sections of the wall ...

694.jpg
696.jpg
698.jpg
697.jpg

With a mixture of Khaki and Deck Tan (XF-49, XF-55), I colored that cover.

699.jpg

... to wait a little while to dry the paint and finish hardening the epoxy putty, then apply the Future coat to the top. Tomorrow I will give some washes to the new creation and I will start with the filters with oils paints on the outside of the whole medium bomber.

Feliz fin de semana para todos :thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanks Chad, it's just practicing what you're learning and knowing. ;)
It is a very useful technique to make several things, pieces and textures. I have seen it a lot in those colleagues who make tanks of war and dioramas mainly.

Te mando un saludo :thumbup:

Very ingenious.
I must not allow "the dwarves in the head" to lose the opportunity to remain creative, I thank you for the comment Andy. ;)
I am enjoying these final stages, ... and excited because the end of this long, long, long process is near.
I already want to start the next project and I'm sure it will be a single-engine ...

A warm greeting to beautiful Canada.
Saludos amigo :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back