B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Luis sorry i been away to long and missing out on your Mitchell build ! Its is looking really great. This is one of the best Mitchell builds i have seen. Looking forward to more awesome updates

Excellent work Luis, and yes, those two small parts are venturi tubes, which were used to 'power' certain pressure instruments, such as the altimeter.

Luis sorry i been away to long and missing out on your Mitchell build ! Its is looking really great. This is one of the best Mitchell builds i have seen. Looking forward to more awesome updates
Glad to hear from you again Brian, my dear FB friend. You will have noticed how "slow" the process was made. There is much information provided by several friends of the forum, who enriched the informative-historical content of the B-25, new tips and technical recommendations on modeling and specific observations of some errors or omissions on my part. Another nice piece of work with very positive results.

Bravo Lius
Thanks Geo, you are one of the protagonists in this thread. "Bravo" also to you my friend.

Excellent execution my friend! Glad to see her finished at last!
You´re right Chad, there is no date that does not arrive, nor a deadline that is not met!
Thank you for your journey in this very entertaining experience.

Excellent work Luis, and yes, those two small parts are venturi tubes, which were used to 'power' certain pressure instruments, such as the altimeter.
My respected UK Master, Your knowledge and experience contribute to my learning in each new project I start. Thank you for being present and sharing it. I hope to continue learning from this huge and exciting hobby, as well as military aviation.

BTW, I never found the right word to name the front piece that opens to allow to see the box of ammunition and the two frontal guns and "the arms" that hold it open ...

Keep in touch

...those two small parts are venturi tubes, which were used to 'power' certain pressure instruments, such as the altimeter.
IMHO those are external(called "free") air thermometer tubes. We see them on C and D models, but not on H and J anymore (I don't know where were they positioned on those models). They are 2 on the bomber versions AFAIK the one goes to a gauge in the cockpit and the second to a bombardiers gauge.

The Norden bomb sight requires that outside air temperature as one of its input parameters.

I've seen some modified "Mitchells"with these thermometers one on each nose side.
B-25G has only one tube, not 2!!! There is no bombardiers gauge!
Lois, please check the photos of your "bird" - you can see the single tube behind the eye of the monster.

I haven't seen many Venturi tubes on a Mitchell. This below could be one or not?!?

Cheers!

Great clarification.

Luis-Carlos, this is an excellent build that will grace these pages for many years. Congratulations on a job well done. Looking forward to your next project.

Yep the G variant of B-25 had the single one there..

while the C/D two ones...

the pic source: the Internet.

... B-25G has only one tube, not 2!!! There is no bombardiers gauge! ...
Great info and pics CATCH 22, tks

Great clarification.
Luis-Carlos, this is an excellent build that will grace these pages for many years. Congratulations on a job well done. Looking forward to your next project.
Thank you for your words Andy, it will be a compliment that can serve as a query or reference for someone else. It contains very interesting information and in many stages I only replied to your recommendations, and anyone can carry them out.
I wait for you without fail in the next project, amigo.

Yep the G variant of B-25 had the single one there...
I can distinguish it in several photos ... The version I chose of the 2 that includes the kit, brings only that piece with two tubes for both versions. In my ignorance, I just followed the instructions. In addition they were very nice and will be another little detail with which I can live.
Thank you Wojtek for all your interventions and help to keep improving in this.
Czekam na ciebie (jak zawsze) w moim następnym projekcie ... i tych, którzy śledzą !!

BTW (I insist) how can I name the two pieces that the arrows point to?

(Image replicated from the internet)

Saludos a todos!!

BTW (I insist) how can I name the two pieces that the arrows point to?

View attachment 507937
(Image replicated from the internet)

Saludos a todos!! [/QUOTE]

Nose fairing and support struts are suitable terms Luis.

Thanks Chad, now my English got new meanings to "el cofre frontal y sus puntales de apoyo" in Spanish.

Gracias compadre

Last edited:
Thanks Chad, now my English got new meanings to "el cofre frontal y sus puntales de apoyo" in Spanish.

Gracias compadre
Cool! Glad I could help. Feel free to PM me anytime you have trouble with such translations in the future, I enjoy other languages. I might learn something too!

Our Shark Mouth, in her photo ready to participate in the IPMS Mexico 2018

Sharing with her generation partners. It is the first time that I did participate with three projects.

That's how she looked in his packaging, ready for his weekend adventure at The Hotel Del Prado:

After rewarding the gold, silver and bronze of the121 different categories throughout the event (where I participated with my models in categories # 9, 11 and 13), special prizes awarded by sponsors, related associations and brands represented by their distributors were mentioned and delivered.

Now it corresponds to feed the ego and share the satisfaction and surprise. =D>...

And it turns out that the award and recognition to "the best weathered on a plane or helicopter of the event", was awarded to our B-25G "Shark Mouth"
To my right, my cousin Jorge De La Parra accompanied me to the delivery photo and then to the category table, before picking up the award-winning.

Already at home, ... two more photos of the presumptuous winner.

This recognition is the result of dedication, inclusion and great contributions in knowledge, images and motivation of this wonderful group of friends and colleagues.
The growth, learning and satisfaction are totally shared with each and every one of you.

Gracias y seguimos en contacto

Users who are viewing this thread