B-29 Erection Maintnance Manual

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

superkeith1872

Airman 1st Class
Sep 9, 2009
Hello Guys! Due to the appreciation I have received from my recent posted manuals, I have started scanning my 1944 B-29 Erection Maintenance Manual to share with all of you. This manual is the pinnacle of my collection and I had to buy an original, since I couldn't find one to download anywhere.

It will take me a few more days of scanning and editing but I need some feedback from you guys. The manual is almost 1000 pages and I am scanning it at 300 DPI to get every bit of detail, in the beautiful pictures and drawings. The average size of each pages JPEG image is about 2mb. So if I convert it to a pdf, it would be close to 2GB.

My first question is, are any of you really interested in downloading 2 gigabytes worth of files to assemble this monster pdf or should I shrink it down for posting or should I offer 2 diffferent versions for download?

I'm a newbie, so if anyone has any other good suggestion, let me know. I will get this posted within the next few days. I will upload it to this thread when I get it done. Thanks Guys, Keith

Hi Kieth,
Just my opinion, but I would vote for the 2Gb version, maybe via rapidshare,I sometimes find it hard to work out the little details, in some of the smaller manuals I have.
And thanks again for the other posts, awesome..:)
Cheers
Jerry

Thanks i would down load the 2gb version, can you break it down into chapters, such as each one would be its own file? It would make downloading and uploading much better thanks - Tom

I am going with the 2GB manual! I am down to the last 200 pages or so to scan but then I need to crop the pictures and orientate them for easier reading. I should have some uploaded this weekend!

I've attached a zipped file of about 24 of the first odd numbered pages, so you can get an idea of the contents. I still have to crop the pictures for the final pdf but thought you might enjoy a sneak peak. There is a lot of color farther into the manual. Enjoy! Keith

Attachments

• B-29 Teaser Files.zip
    46.1 MB · Views: 1,377
Hi Keith,
Thanks for the sneak preview,:D
This is one of the few times I am wishing the weekend to go quickly..:lol:
Looking forward to the manual.:D
Now where did i put that b-29 kit....:confused:
Cheers
Jerry

Hey guys, I finally got the whole B-29 manual scanned and I need some help converting it to pdf format to share with everyone. I am uploading the first 100 pages to rapidshare right now and it's about 198mb. I need someone to organize the pictures by page number, join a few of the pictures together for the 2 page fold out schematics and convert if all to a pdf for the first installment. I want to get this whole manual shared asap but I put probably 20 hours in scanning it and don't have the time right now to get it organized and converted to pdf. If someone is up to the task, send me a PM, I will give you the rapidshare link and you can get to work and post the 100 page block. If I can get 10 seperate helpers, we can have the whole manual done in a few days for upload to share with everyone. Thanks, Keith

Hey guys, I finally got the whole B-29 manual scanned and I need some help converting it to pdf format to share with everyone. I am uploading the first 100 pages to rapidshare right now and it's about 198mb. I need someone to organize the pictures by page number, join a few of the pictures together for the 2 page fold out schematics and convert if all to a pdf for the first installment. I want to get this whole manual shared asap but I put probably 20 hours in scanning it and don't have the time right now to get it organized and converted to pdf. If someone is up to the task, send me a PM, I will give you the rapidshare link and you can get to work and post the 100 page block. If I can get 10 seperate helpers, we can have the whole manual done in a few days for upload to share with everyone. Thanks, Keith

H, i would love to help but i would not be able to upload it i get only like 20 to 30kb a sec and that is on a good day. I used my pdf program ( a free one) and i converted one of the sample files and i managed to get it down to 900 Kb for the pages with images and 300 KB for the text only pages. let me know what you think. And thanks for scanning this i always wanted to see a B-29 E&M i i would have to let it download over night maybe even all day for a 2gb file. Tom

Attachments

• A_9.pdf
    992.7 KB · Views: 878
  • A_4.pdf
    310.2 KB · Views: 694
My plan is to make a 10 part downloadable 2GB version available first, then I will shrink those down for people that have slow connections. I just need volunteers to help me tidy up the scans I have done and convert them to pdf. I have one volunteer so far for the first section and I will post upload the next 100 pages when I get another volunteer to work on that section. When interested, PM me and I will send you a link to the next 100 page section that needs work. I'm kind of worn out. Keith

I will upload the first 100 page, 200mb section tomorrow. It is extremely time consuming to edit each picture and make a really nice document. I really need some volunteers to help me, if you want to see this manual all get uploaded soon!

HI, i would try to upload this i would make the image pages 1mb but the text only pages i would have to convert to Black and white. I need to do that to make it small enough to upload in a reasonable time if that is ok with every one i would see if i can do a 50mb to 75mb file? - Tom

hi,

any more news on this project , i am willing to assit if it is still a project pending?

Honestly, I have all but maybe 5 pages scanned but I am just worn out beyond belief on this project. I put in at least 40 hours, most likely more, scanning this 1000 page manual and the few offers I have had to help have both fallen through. I started a new business a month ago and haven't had the personal time that I did but I do want to get this done.

I scanned them to pictures. The pictures need to be rotated, cropped, pictures renamed to the page number and then printed to a pdf file or sent to me so I can print to a pdf. I have broken the manual down to 100 page sections because the pictures are about 2megabytes each, I wanted to get every little detail, so they can only really be uploaded and downloaded 100 pages at a time anyway at 200mb per 100 pages.

If your sure you want to help, I will upload 100 pages to rapidshare for you and give you instructions. It takes about 2 hours to do the finish work on 100 pages. It's important to me because nobody else has ever scanned and offered this rare manual. I paid $250 for it from Australia to U.S. and that was a bargain, I only see about 1 per month come up for sale on ebay and it's amazing. So give it some thought and let me know. Send me a msg to my private email [email protected] if truly interested, I don't check the forum all the time for mail. Take Care, Keith

I would be most happy if I was able to find a pdf(s) of this manual.
As for small sized uploads, try the search tag online of "Program Spliter" or similar meaning. Goodluck; mmm makes me wonder if I should scan pdf my book on "German Jet Engine Developments 1932(?) - 1945"?

I have received a few offers of help, so everyone should start seeing some of the manual start showing up on here in a few days. Thanks Guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back