B-29's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

cheddar cheese

Major General
Jan 9, 2004
WSM, England
Hey, Does anyone have any really good, colour pictures of B-29's (preferably in the air)? I dont just want the normal stuff you find on Google, but really good, original, photo's.

Thanks!

How are these CC:
b29-03.jpg

b29-1.jpg

b29-2.jpg

b29-.jpg

"Fifi", the Commemorative Air Force's B-29 44-62070, is the only flying example in the world, from this site

I definitely can see a resemblance. Therefore there may be some thought to the idea that the Russian Tupolev Bear is modeled off the Boeing B-29. If you look at Fifi from certain angles, there is a very big resemblance to the Russian Bear. Anyway, have a look through my archives for you because I have stuff found from all sorts of places. Unfortunately though, a lot of my photos may be search-engine stuff but not Google, I mostly use http://www.alltheweb.com for looking things up rather than Google or MSN as it had better features originally than Google or MSN as it was the first one to allow picture lookup that I found as well as video look-up.

There's a lot of conjecture that the Bear was developed from the Tu-4 Bull, which was of course the Russian copy of the B-29. Like you said, there are definite similarities in the airframe.

I don't see much resemblance between the Bull and Bear. I know they developed the Bear from the Bull but really, you can tell them apart with great ease!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back