BAC Jet Provost

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice one, and good to see footage taken from the south side of DX. Please tell me you filmed the three Gnats too ..........
No I left after the lancasters, I was more concerned about the potential traffic chaos and my 360 mile journey home and as I had videod most of the other aircraft and in better weather before I felt this was the wise move. I did like the different aspect from the south side of the flightline so hopfully will do that again perhaps combine a day in and a day out in future.

here is a past video as consolation

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGICNar4bRA

Last edited:
Great stuff ! Thanks very much for that!
I was ready to go last weekend, in order to meet-up with my daughter, and was going to stay-over on Saturday night, after seeing the Vulcan and Gnats, then catch the Lancs again on Sunday. I hadn't purchased advance tickets this time, as it was a last-minute request from my daughter, in London.
But as DX were warning that tickets on the gate would sell-out rapidly, and I thought the road along the southern boundary would be closed by the Police, I didn't want to risk the journey down there only to be stuck in traffic and not see anything, having hired a car and paid for B&B !
Now I wish I'd taken the chance, especially as access to that road appears to have been ok !!

I was actually at the airshow at 06:45 but decided not to go in as I'm used to having my van and all my stuff on site but as I did not have an advanced ticket (I never buy an advanced ticket) that was not the case. I was completly oblivious to the shear numbers that were expected. I decided to try the south side I've never been there before but always thought it would be a good spot to video from. The road was closed so it was a fair walk to the mound but i was glad I experiance that side, it was quite busy there also.

Ah, so pedestrians were still allowed along that road?
For the D-Day show in May, the road was closed to all traffic, pedestrians included, for safety reasons, but at 'Legends' there were quite a number of pedestrians there.
I normally travel down on a Saturday, arriving at Fowlmere camp site by about 13.00, and only go in to DX on the Sunday. Next time, I might give the road a try on the Saturday, because, as you say, it allows for some shots at different angles. That is, of course, if access is allowed, as technically, it's within the 'prohibited area' for minimum safety distance from the display axis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back