Battle of Britian info

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Nerd

Airman
Sep 14, 2005
Snohomish Washinton
Im looking for an accurite web site that can give me detailed info on the battle. Yes Ive googled it and I dont know which sites are veritable or not. If you can help that would be great.

Buy a good book instead. :lol:

Seriously, it may cost you more but its well worth it. Print sources are usually more reliable, better researched and better detailed than web-sites.

I recommend "The Narrow Margin" by Derek Wood and Derek Dempster. It provides and excellent general narrative of the Battle of Britain, as well as detailed analysis of the situation in the lead up to the BoB.

Jabberwocky said:
Buy a good book instead. :lol:

Seriously, it may cost you more but its well worth it. Print sources are usually more reliable, better researched and better detailed than web-sites.

I recommend "The Narrow Margin" by Derek Wood and Derek Dempster. It provides and excellent general narrative of the Battle of Britain, as well as detailed analysis of the situation in the lead up to the BoB.
I agree Jabberwocky, while there is a lot on the web on the Battle of Britain, you are so much better getting a book and there are lot's of them about (at least in the UK) and most are around £5-15 ($10-30), so they are not that expensive.

The two best websites that I know of are:

www.battleofbritain.net and
http://www.raf.mod.uk/bob1940/index.html

However, both contain inacuracies. The RAF site is based on RAF reports at the time, so makes mistakes about German force sizes and losses.

Best book imho is The Most Dangerous Enemy by Stephen Bungay. It's not a day to day account, so it won't tell you how many planes were lost in an obscure raid on a quiet day (although it will describe many of the major raids) but it gives a very good analysis of the forces on each side and the overall flow of the battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back