Best Aircraft in Many Different Roles Part II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

...Well, I guess I'll just go eat worms.

But tell me something... Which of the three was still in active service, as versatile as they were, 10 years after the war. Now lets go fifteen. I'm not 'dead' sure, but I believe the Cat so versatile, she was in the US Navy until 1962 when she finally was relieved form demonstrating her 'capabilities'.

PS the photo below is not meant to represent Cats of the sixties, for that go to the site I refereed last for photos.

Attachments

• aec00417_209.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 596
JonJGoldberg said:
...Well, I guess I'll just go eat worms.

Why because someone does not agree with you opinion......

Jon no one is saying that the Catalina was not versatile. Also just because the aircraft was in service in the 1960's does not make her more versatile than the Mossie, P-38 or Ju-88. The P-51 and B-29 were still in service 10 years after the war, does that make them more versatile than the Mossie, P-38 or Ju-88? Dont think so.

...Worm eating (Tequila) is done when one has no supporters. It helps the sting.

I know you all are agreeing that the Cat was versatile, just not as...

OK, I'll lighten up just watch for a while.

Attachments

• jjgs_saying_f8f-2_000__135.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 568
Hi;
Been a while. But from where I sat I would still rather see a flight of mustangs, or failing that a gaggle of Jugs. The P-38 never were able to go all the way with us. They would get jumped and drop their belly tanks somewhere around the coast.

My least favorite to see from the business end was the Me 109. Maybe because we saw more of them. Heard about them but never met a 262. Range was never much of a factor for the Germans. We were flying right over their bases.

Someone asked when was the last P-boat in service. Tomorrow... The forest srvice is still using them for fire fighting. They have rigged them so they just land on a lake or river and scoop up a load of water without ever stopping.

...Wow, wish I saw that months ago B-24 Driver, on the best fighter thread. I too have not bee here for a long time... Interests wander... Seen some of your posts... Interesting stuff most of it.

This thread is supposed to be about the most versatile, too which I still view the Cat as the ticket, most disagree, you would choose...

I wonder what happened to all the siggie stuff that used to be here? Oh well!!!

Enjoy the P-51.

Attachments

• jjgs_cfs_2_time_to_fly_rev2_000_haileyg_110.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 430
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the, dive bombing, missile platform, heavy bomber, transport, tank busting HE177 Greif?

and most bombers could dive bomb to some extent, dive doesn't mean 80+ degrees, not only did she perform fewer roles than the mossie, -88 and -38 but she excelled in very few of them.......

blue swede said:
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the, dive bombing, missile platform, heavy bomber, transport, tank busting HE177 Greif?

Because it was crap. Even German Historians and the German pilots that flew the He-177 will tell you that.

You just dont seem to give up on the He-177 do you? It is getting old.

Dear DerAdlerIstGelandet,
I'm sorry that you don't like my opinions or posts. I can respect that.
When I read the posts of others, I find them at different times, informative, funny, interesting and sometimes I dissagree with them.
Either way, I enjoy reading them and the breadth of knowledge they contain. I no way, would I think of trying to silence them, or asking them to be quiet, or suggest that their opinion is wrong. Imagine, a wrong opinion. So, take it or leave it, I respectfully believe you need to lighten up a bit. Maybe I'm wrong about that too, I just my opinion.
I apologize to everyone else here for my rant. I just thought I needed to respond.
(DerAdlerIstGelant, please don't send me anymore nasty e-mails, they won't be read.)

Actually I respect you opinion and truely believe that you are entitled to it, it just seems that you keep mentioning the He-177 in a bad attempt at humor or to annoy people because of the ways they have shown you that it was not a good multi engined aircraft or bomber.

I apologize to everyone else here for my rant. I just thought I needed to respond.
And I dont apologize to anyone for calling u a piece of shit... I respectfully believe u need to STFU before I decide to get really pissed off at u for the way u THINK u can talk to a Moderator here, Mr 20 freakin lame ass posts...

I think we'll start off the meal for the evening with an Official Warning....

All I can say is WOW! You sure told me off! And then I received the following email:

(Hello, blue swede

You account on Aircraft of World War II has recived a warning.
You have now a total of 1 warnings, if you somehow receive more than 5 your account will be blocked.

The reasons for this are numerous, this warning is received because of this post that you made.

Here are a reminder of some of the terms you accepted when you registered, we kindly ask you to respect them in the future

Quote:
"You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned"

If you don't see why you've recived this warning you could try contact lesofprimus, who gave the warning, explaining your post,
and that you don't understand why this warning is given. )

All anyone has to do is read the preceding few posts to see why I of course don't understand the warning. I can only assume that my offense is that I disagreed with a moderator. Thanks, for your civility and fairness.
Is this the way everyone feels about my posts? (I guess you will have to be carefull in how you reply.)
But still, thanks for the input. It's good to know the rules.

Users who are viewing this thread