Best Battle of Britain Aircraft

Best Battle of Britain aircraft?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I can't remember, I just know it wasn't Biggin Hill.

plan_D said:
The Ju-88 got the best mission result for the Luftwaffe during the BoB. A bombing raid made up of Ju-88 destroyed 46 R.A.F planes on the ground in one mission. I can't remember which airfield they attacked though..
It was RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire on the 16th August, a non Fighter Command base, the aircraft destroyed were nearly all trainer aircraft.

I never did say Fighter command aircraft. A lot of people died, and 46 aircraft is 46 aicraft no matter what they were.

plan_D said:
I never did say Fighter command aircraft.
I never said you did :rolleyes:
A lot of people died,
No, there were no deaths and only 5 RAF personnel were wounded
and 46 aircraft is 46 aircraft no matter what they were.
Correct.
In the attack the 2 Ju 88's approached the airfield with wheels down (as if coming in to land), they then bombed the 2 hangers where the 46 aircraft were stored causing fires which destroyed the stored aircraft.

You seem to think I was arguing with you. :confused:

I wasn't, I was merely giving you info on the attack.

I though you would want to know ;)

plan_D said:
Well that's the wrong one, 'cos the one I'm talking about quite a few died.
In that case, it can't have destroyed 46 RAF aircraft. :confused:

This was the only raid in the BoB to destroy such a large number of aircraft on the ground.

Merry Xmas

i think we should tie him up and feed him jelly and icream until he votes and ban him from posting about not voteing and stuff like that :D

you see i always know how to torture someone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back