Best Battle of Britain Aircraft

Best Battle of Britain aircraft?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

plan_D said:
The Ju-88 got the best mission result for the Luftwaffe during the BoB. A bombing raid made up of Ju-88 destroyed 46 R.A.F planes on the ground in one mission. I can't remember which airfield they attacked though..
It was RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire on the 16th August, a non Fighter Command base, the aircraft destroyed were nearly all trainer aircraft.

I never did say Fighter command aircraft. A lot of people died, and 46 aircraft is 46 aicraft no matter what they were.

plan_D said:
I never did say Fighter command aircraft.
I never said you did
A lot of people died,
No, there were no deaths and only 5 RAF personnel were wounded
and 46 aircraft is 46 aircraft no matter what they were.
Correct.
In the attack the 2 Ju 88's approached the airfield with wheels down (as if coming in to land), they then bombed the 2 hangers where the 46 aircraft were stored causing fires which destroyed the stored aircraft.

You seem to think I was arguing with you.

I wasn't, I was merely giving you info on the attack.

I though you would want to know

Well that's the wrong one, 'cos the one I'm talking about quite a few died.

plan_D said:
Well that's the wrong one, 'cos the one I'm talking about quite a few died.
In that case, it can't have destroyed 46 RAF aircraft.

This was the only raid in the BoB to destroy such a large number of aircraft on the ground.

Merry Xmas

i think we should tie him up and feed him jelly and icream until he votes and ban him from posting about not voteing and stuff like that

Users who are viewing this thread