Best Battle of Britain Aircraft

Best Battle of Britain aircraft?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How the hell is jelly and ice-cream torture? I WANT JELLY AND ICE-CREAM!!! :cry:

oh i though he said he didnt like it :( ,

oh well on to the pit of nails , or is that snakes :confused:

i dont know , ive never tried nails or snakes :lol:

I'd say chamber of fire...you know they're done when the skin starts to melt off.

Why wouldn't you be so confident if they were all Spitfires? They were better aircraft and had the same armament. So, bombers wouldn't be a problem nor would fighters.

The Hurricane shot down more enemy aircraft in the BoB.

The Spitfire is probably the prettiest airplane ever.

But taking Fighter v Fighter combat losses the Bf109E comes out the clear winner.

219 Spitfires v 180 Bf109s
272 Hurricanes v 153 Bf109s

So the 109 is the best. Plus its the most purposeful looking killing machine in aviation history :twisted:

Dave

the 109 isn't the best because it shot down more, oh no, it had shockingly little fuel, and what those figures don't show is the number of bombers both planes took out (although the hurricane moreso), the hurricane was the best as it shot down around 80% of all planes shot down by all british defences (including AA fire)..................

Yes the 109 had 'shockingly little fuel' and it still shot down more of its primary target . The reason the 109 shot down fewer bombers in the BoB was because there wasn't that many RAF bombers around to shoot at, was there.
The Jagdfliegers primary task was shoot down fighters. This they did with gusto. And when Bomber Command did decide to pay a visit, the 109 also whipped them - Battle of the Bight?
So what constitutes the best aircraft then in your mind?

Most Technologically Advanced?
Hurricane - Still used dope linen.
109 - Leading edge slats, Direct Fuel Injection, SuperCharger etc

Racyist Colour Schemes?
Hurricane/Spit - Brown Green
109 - As many colors as possible preferably on the same plane :lol:

Individual Highest Scoring Pilot?
RAF/PAF Jozef Frantiszek - 17 (Hurricane)
Luftwaffe Helmut Wick - 56 (109) all but 4 of them fighters.

Or something else????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back