Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ju-88

• He 177

• Other

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, it was a shot to ask. Basically the B-24 got more guns armor bombs, and fuel as it developed. I wanted to know if the Lancaster developed similarly. Any sugestions where I could read up on the Lanc. :)

not from the internet, i get most of my infromation from books...................

and not the lanc wasn't chaged at all really, it carried the same ammout of fuel and same payload throughout the whole war (excluding the Mk.II, but we don't really think of that as a lancaster)......................

Shackleton, in service, where? Probably as a transport, or a AEW for some poor country. The Shackleton was the RAFs first AEW. And there used to be a static one in Cyprus RAF base (with a name I can't spell) where my dad was stationed several times with the Lightnings. :D

Not with this country they aren't. We don't have any Shackletons in service anymore, doing anything.

You said 'still being used', I said not in this country. And with that I was expecting some form of list with the countries using it. Without that, I assume you meant this country. :rolleyes:

Have you got any name of a country still using the Shackleton?

Lanc the Mk II was the same just with different engines. From what I have read the RAF made more changes to the fighters like Mossie and Spit then to the Bombers. That is not fully true because the twin engine bombers did go through a lot but that was mostly after the Halifax and Lancaster were on the line. ;)

He is well just drawn to the mass marketing and he pritty looks of the B-17. It is forgivable. One should spend some time with the B-24! :)

that's all very well for american bombers, but if he wants a real bomber to love, he should spend some alone time with the lancaster.................

Me...I'm the bomber of a third nation. Or the Pe-8.

Pe-8(2).jpg

The Pe-8 wasn't even that effective was it? I didn't think it compared well to any of the Western bombers in most realms of performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back