Best Fighter Pilot in WW II?? (Continued)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah he seems like a pretty good pilot.

I am not up to date with too many night fighter pilots. I need to read more up on them. I have been learning mostly about the traditional standard Me-109 and Fw-190 pilots.

When talking about day fighters I would opt for Heinz Baer, as he gained his victories on all fronts Germany was fighting on.
NF, of course Schnauffer

Hans Joachim Marseille.

Flew like the devil and killed like the devil himself.

Like most pilots are, he was bold, daring, crazy and reckless. He would release himself to attack numerically superior enemy formations, hesitation apparently was an unknown notion in Marseille´s profile.

I heard a veteran saying Hartmann was the follow up of the early gone Marseille.

The allies, in their fashion, have tried to minimize Hans as well.
Quality is quality here and there.

Kittyhawks, Hurricanes and Spitfires, all together, died when meeting Hans in the air.

Hans was one of the very few pilots of WWII who turned his fighter virtually into another extension of his body.

From some records of (IIRC) Royal Australian Air Force units I recall being cited, Marseille was such an absolute master of the air, there were cases units believing they were being attacked by superior forces

Users who are viewing this thread